Bannan lauds Joey

Guest Willow Owl

13 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

.... And who does reach replace. Cos tell thi wot, he ain't dropping Reach. 

Well it will be either of them. Right now it's Reach's shirt to lose and rightly so. What it does add though is good rotation for Reach which we don't currently have.

You do know you can have players on the bench don't you? Don't need to start shoehorning players into the team again.

22 minutes ago, Watson said:

Nothing against him as such but don't you think he will be replaced by Onomah?  Joey might be good at breaking things up and delivers well from dead ball situations.  Won't Onomah offer more overall?

Yep agreed he's playing that role tonight for the u21s.

Pelupessy is ok. Started terrible but has improved and is a good squad player. But for me both Hutch and Onomah should be ahead of him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Onomah will have been brought in to add the energy that reach bring to the midfield.

He might like to sit back a bit but he isn't of the mould of Pelupessy. He won't be replacing him.

I agree that he's not in the same mould as Joey but plays in a similar area.  Be interesting to see where Jos plays him then.  

Just now, Watson said:

I agree that he's not in the same mould as Joey but plays in a similar area.  Be interesting to see where Jos plays him then.  

Like I say I don't think he's a like for like swap. If we stick with our current formation Pelupessy or Hutchinson will be used as players to shield the back 4. Onomah and Reach be used as the more energetic midfielders, with Lee hopefully when he returns, and Bannan on the other side of the 3.

That's how I see it anyway but maybe Jos sees it your way.

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well it will be either of them. Right now it's Reach's shirt to lose and rightly so. What it does add though is good rotation for Reach which we don't currently have.

You do know you can have players on the bench don't you? Don't need to start shoehorning players into the team again.

Jos will be playing very defensive if he plays Joey and Onomah in the same team for me.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Like I say I don't think he's a like for like swap. If we stick with our current formation Pelupessy or Hutchinson will be used as players to shield the back 4. Onomah and Reach be used as the more energetic midfielders, with Lee hopefully when he returns, and Bannan on the other side of the 3.

That's how I see it anyway but maybe Jos sees it your way.

You could well be right I'm no expert. 

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Jos will be playing very defensive if he plays Joey and Onomah in the same team for me.

I honestly think you're getting him mixed up with some one else. He likes to sit but he isn't a defensive midfield player.

He won't be playing attacking midfield for sure but his best role isn't shielding a back 4 and passing the ball 2 yards to Bannan.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

36 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

I noticed Joey clapping bannan when they are shooting at goal in the warm ups before a game last season.

Sort of geeing him up for the game.

Its the first time Ive seen a player do it.

:luhukay:

Exactly what we need during the game to, for years we've lacked enough leaders on the pitch. 

It's like modern players are condition to play football in silence, unless they have a problem with the ref.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I honestly think you're getting him mixed up with some one else. He likes to sit but he isn't a defensive midfield player.

He won't be playing attacking midfield for sure but his best role isn't shielding a back 4 and passing the ball 2 yards to Bannan.

Onomah likes to sit deep and bring the ball forward and look for the killer pass.  Just think Joey is the obvious one to make way for him.   

It's probably just me... but Stoke is a really important game for me.

I know they're all important but we can get a reyt head of steam up if we beat these.

We're at home and 3 more points would put us in a very nice position after a flaky start.....these new lads will surely get their chance but they might have to wait.

If we lose to Stoke..it's Jos out.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

It's probably just me... but Stoke is a really important game for me.

I know they're all important but we can get a reyt head of steam up if we beat these.

We're at home and 3 more points would put us in a very nice position after a flaky start.....these new lads will surely get their chance but they might have to wait.

If we lose to Stoke..it's Jos out.

Are you joshing about Jos there?