OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not going to argue anything different, I really don’t know what our financial position is, or will be. If it is as bad as some fear, it makes the appointment of Bruce very bizarre indeed. I’m not anti Bruce at all, give him the tools, and there’s a good chance he’ll get the job done. Without the resources though, it’s a bit of a foolhardy appointment

Financial position is in the last 2 years accounts, 3rd years to follow shortly. Its all there

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Financial position is in the last 2 years accounts, 3rd years to follow shortly. Its all there

Might explain the lack of incomings, but makes the lack of players going out, even more strange. I’m not talking about getting the high earners out, that was always going to be tricky, but we should be sending out some of the development lads. I mentioned United, they’ve sent out 7 of their development squad to leagues one and two, and a few seem to be doing really well. We have at least that amount who should be going out. Not only to give them much needed experience, but also to allow some of the successful U18s group, games for the U23s

9 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC said we broke FFP last season by an 8 figure sum so we know it's at least £10m, the £14m price tag for Fessi reading between the lines tells me we need that figure to avoid the FFP issues as the valuation makes no sense otherwise.

The rules as i believe are, anything for over 8million then its a full transfer embargo, maybe a fine as well. Embargo stays in place until we can demonstrate our financial position has improved. Losses between 3 and 8 million can ne offset by 3 million cash injection by the owner thus limiting the loss to 5 million. The Bruce issue is neither here nor there, JL left, we needed a manager, we got one whether it Bruce or somebody else. The fact many of our players are out of contract is irrelevant as well as far as i am aware, if someone can point to a link where you can sign freebies in a window with no restrictions in an embargo then i will happily take a look.

9 hours ago, mogbad said:

Correct & despite other posts alluding to this fact he chooses to ignore them to suit his own agenda.

No own agenda jack, just not got my head buried in the sand like a lot on here. We are in the financial poo and the quicker people wake up to that fact the better.

DC does not have a clue what he is doing and in the next few weeks when we are once again under an embargo those facts will come flooding out.

DC alluded to last season breaking FFP or P&S by a 8 figure sum that means either anywhere from £10,000,000 to £99,999,999 i.e. an 8 figures sum. We know the lost 3 season ago was £9.8m, 2 season ago the lost was £20.7m (if you don't believe me look at companies house its free) so the lost last year must have been at least £18.5m as 9.8+20.7+18.5 = £49m a 8 figure loss over P&S rules, of course the losses could be higher but I am working on the best case scenario. The accounts need to be filed by 1st March with the EFL so we will know then how much in the poo we are.

There is no agenda here but instead of looking for other source of income from the fans the club should be looking to cut costs, from player wages and the up side to this is some players will also bring income in from a transfer or maybe loan fee. Continue with our heads in the sand and things are only getting worse before better.

This season losses £20.7m + £18.5m meaning if we don't make a profit once again we are under an embargo. Whatever your slant an embargo is only bad for the club and will mean another season wasted and next season will be a relegation fight season with a management team on £2m a season, make the appointment of Bruce and his team seam even stranger.

Unless we have £10-20m coming into the club in the next day or so. - We wait with Bated breath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodie said:

We have only signed Pelupessy (500k) in two years is it? Can some one clarify ?

We signed joey (450k), van aken (2.7m) and rhodes (10.5 mill) the same season.

Season before we spent just under 10 mill.

Before that we spent just under 15 mill.

We did raise a whole 2.7 mill in sales in that time though.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No own agenda jack, just not got my head buried in the sand like a lot on here. We are in the financial poo and the quicker people wake up to that fact the better.

DC does not have a clue what he is doing and in the next few weeks when we are once again under an embargo those facts will come flooding out.

DC alluded to last season breaking FFP or P&S by a 8 figure sum that means either anywhere from £10,000,000 to £99,999,999 i.e. an 8 figures sum. We know the lost 3 season ago was £9.8m, 2 season ago the lost was £20.7m (if you don't believe me look at companies house its free) so the lost last year must have been at least £18.5m as 9.8+20.7+18.5 = £49m a 8 figure loss over P&S rules, of course the losses could be higher but I am working on the best case scenario. The accounts need to be filed by 1st March with the EFL so we will know then how much in the poo we are.

There is no agenda here but instead of looking for other source of income from the fans the club should be looking to cut costs, from player wages and the up side to this is some players will also bring income in from a transfer or maybe loan fee. Continue with our heads in the sand and things are only getting worse before better.

This season losses £20.7m + £18.5m meaning if we don't make a profit once again we are under an embargo. Whatever your slant an embargo is only bad for the club and will mean another season wasted and next season will be a relegation fight season with a management team on £2m a season, make the appointment of Bruce and his team seam even stranger.

Unless we have £10-20m coming into the club in the next day or so. - We wait with Bated breath.

Couldnt agree more. Ni agendas from me either. Just saying what i see. DC has backed us into a corner and thats it.

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

The rules as i believe are, anything for over 8million then its a full transfer embargo, maybe a fine as well. Embargo stays in place until we can demonstrate our financial position has improved. Losses between 3 and 8 million can ne offset by 3 million cash injection by the owner thus limiting the loss to 5 million. The Bruce issue is neither here nor there, JL left, we needed a manager, we got one whether it Bruce or somebody else. The fact many of our players are out of contract is irrelevant as well as far as i am aware, if someone can point to a link where you can sign freebies in a window with no restrictions in an embargo then i will happily take a look.

Look the account for last season will be filed and with the football league by 1st march or we will be placed under an embargo for not filing them. We will soon know how much we broke P&S last season meaning we will know what we need to do this season to avoid another embargo.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Look the account for last season will be filed and with the football league by 1st march or we will be placed under an embargo for not filing them. We will soon know how much we broke P&S last season meaning we will know what we need to do this season to avoid another embargo.

I know that. Thats what i said.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We signed joey (450k), van aken (2.7m) and rhodes (10.5 mill) the same season.

Season before we spent just under 10 mill.

Before that we spent just under 15 mill.

We did raise a whole 2.7 mill in sales in that time though.

I bet it's more important to get wages off the books 

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I agree we're in the financial poo & DC is the only person to blame. Ideally I'd prefer us to sell players in the next 2 days, alleviate the FFP issue & avoid an embargo & other sanctions but that's dependant on reasonable offers coming in & DC taking his head out of the sand & realising we need to sell, unfortunately I doubt he will.

And I agree an embargo is not good for the club but should our number of experienced players fall below 24 to let's say your figure of 17 then the EFL would allow us to sign 7 players, albeit free transfers, out of contract players or loans with a limit on wages to each player.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I agree we're in the financial poo & DC is the only person to blame. Ideally I'd prefer us to sell players in the next 2 days, alleviate the FFP issue & avoid an embargo & other sanctions but that's dependant on reasonable offers coming in & DC taking his head out of the sand & realising we need to sell, unfortunately I doubt he will.

And I agree an embargo is not good for the club but should our number of experienced players fall below 24 to let's say your figure of 17 then the EFL would allow us to sign 7 players, albeit free transfers, out of contract players or loans with a limit on wages to each player.

I think we could sign feebies, i agree. I do believe there would be a wage cap what we could offer though. I dont think offering 25 or 30k a week under an embargo would wash. Could be wrong though.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

One question, do you think Bruce would have taken the job in those circumstances? Not disputing anything you’ve mentioned, I just really don’t see that Bruce would have taken it