OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

there's loads of stuff lined up but they're waiting for Bruce to start to announce it to create euphoria and sell some more tickets.

FF leaving for 6m, Reach for 10m and we're bringing in Grant Holt and Junior Agogo out of retirement as new full backs.  Gonna be mint.

That's me in for one season ticket and three Club 1867 memberships!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

It may work out that way depending on how the deal is structured. I was only showing the disparity between our expenditure and our income from transfers, our derisory income from transfers will also be spread accordingly. Ultimately, however you slice it we have a big gap to fill

That's what I initially presumed but the whole incoming transfer fee is counted as income at the point of transfer even if the fee is actually paid in instalments. Any monies still owed on each years accounts is denoted as a debt to the club.

9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

That's what I initially presumed but the whole incoming transfer fee is counted as income at the point of transfer even if the fee is actually paid in instalments. Any monies still owed on each years accounts is denoted as a debt to the club.

Cool, be interesting to see what the final accounts look like at the end of March.

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

there's loads of stuff lined up but they're waiting for Bruce to start to announce it to create euphoria and sell some more tickets.

FF leaving for 6m, Reach for 10m and we're bringing in Grant Holt and Junior Agogo out of retirement as new full backs.  Gonna be mint.

sounds fun

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

How can purchase not go against revenue/income? Its still a cost whether its a one off or monthly payments. Wages are an issue as is the 30 million we have spent in purchases

Revenue is for day to day running costs including wages. 

Money for tranfers is classed as Capital spending either with money you have in reserves or by borrowing if its through borrowing it impacts the revenue budget

4 hours ago, billyblack said:

How can purchase not go against revenue/income? Its still a cost whether its a one off or monthly payments. Wages are an issue as is the 30 million we have spent in purchases

Like i said it depends whether it comes from borrowing or from reserves or out of Chansiri's pocket. 

Another young central midfielder that cought the eye is Motherwell's David Turnbull. I've seen him play only two times, but boy did he impress.

So composed both on the ball, and infront of the goal. Can't remember last time I felt young SPL player (outside of Old Firm) impressed me as much.

I would certainly want to see more of this lad, but to me he is looking like a "real deal". Hope that are scouts are aware of him.

8 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Revenue is for day to day running costs including wages. 

Money for tranfers is classed as Capital spending either with money you have in reserves or by borrowing if its through borrowing it impacts the revenue budget

6 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Like i said it depends whether it comes from borrowing or from reserves or out of Chansiri's pocket. 

It is still a spend by the club in the accounts against income so any loss is still assessed for P&S purposes.

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Another young central midfielder that cought the eye is Motherwell's David Turnbull. I've seen him play only two times, but boy did he impress.

So composed both on the ball, and infront of the goal. Can't remember last time I felt young SPL player (outside of Old Firm) impressed me as much.

I would certainly want to see more of this lad, but to me he is looking like a "real deal". Hope that are scouts are aware of him.

He’s just turned down a move to Southampton and signed a new contract so he clearly thinks he can sign for a bigger club if he keeps improving. He may already be out of our reach. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, swfcjam said:

He’s just turned down a move to Southampton and signed a new contract so he clearly thinks he can sign for a bigger club if he keeps improving. He may already be out of our reach. 

Cheers mate, didn't know that.

And tried to spot them early...:sad: