OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

32 minutes ago, malek said:

Another young central midfielder that cought the eye is Motherwell's David Turnbull. I've seen him play only two times, but boy did he impress.

So composed both on the ball, and infront of the goal. Can't remember last time I felt young SPL player (outside of Old Firm) impressed me as much.

I would certainly want to see more of this lad, but to me he is looking like a "real deal". Hope that are scouts are aware of him.

He looks a very good player.

45 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

It is still a spend by the club in the accounts against income so any loss is still assessed for P&S purposes.

Only if the capital spent is serviced by day to day spending (Revenue budget) 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So last day of the transfer window tomorrow. Do you think we will do any business in or out? I really wish we would do but deep down I don’t think anything will happen. 

To be honest don’t think owt will happen tomorrow, expect a Dom Howson tweet around 18:33 saying no business at SWFC today.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

It may work out that way depending on how the deal is structured. I was only showing the disparity between our expenditure and our income from transfers, our derisory income from transfers will also be spread accordingly. Ultimately, however you slice it we have a big gap to fill

How the deal is structure is irrelevant. If we pay the full transfer fee up front the fee is still amortised over the period of the contract. That means for a £10m fee on a 4 years contract we write down the value of the player by £2.5m per year.

When we sell a player for £10m it's different. If he's a home grown player who cost us nothing we have made a £10m profit which is shown in the accounts straight away even if we are being paid over 3 or 4 years. If say we bought him for £10m on a 4 year contract and we sell him for £10m after 2 years we have made a £5m profit. That sounds daft I know but from an accounting point of view we have written down his value in the accounts by £2.5m twice so as an asset so the books show him as only being valued at £5m, as that's what our accounts show then the fact that another club has paid us £10m means in accountancy terms we have made £5m.

This seems illogical but from an accounting point of view a player is a depreciating asset (it goes down in value each year). Imagine if you bought a car with a lifespan of 4  years, after 2 years it's value has halved, now imaging some idiot offered you what you paid for it. You would be making a profit because you are getting all your money back on something only worth half that. Players are treated like cars in accounting terms.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

To be honest don’t think owt will happen tomorrow, expect a Dom Howson tweet around 18:33 saying no business at SWFC today.

Worrying that we haven’t so far managed to ship any players out. Such a poor way to run a football club. Not just because of how deep we are with FFP but also because the squad needs freshening up. 

22 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Whatever happened to Danny Williams who played at Reading and then signed for Hudds Town? Cant say I've seen him play recently, he was a beast in the champ

He's been out injured for about 12 months. 

Fit in well here. :duntmatter: