OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, SupremeOwl said:

Steve Bruce's first press conference is on Thursday apparently, deadline day is also on Thursday so you would think he'll be in and around the club on deadline day for any potential deals to happen - probably false hope but just thought it was interesting :biggrin:.

Ha ha I hope you are right but like you say I reckon it’s false hope. 

• Haha 1

Personally not that bothered if we don’t bring anybody in this window. We aren’t getting relegated or promoted. I’d like Bruce to assess our players and have a plan coming into the close season. I think it will be a big clearout in the summer and a lot will come in as well. 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

This is not necessarily true. Sanctions for breaching FFP can include agreeing a budget that will both ensure we can meet our existing obligations and sign players if doing so won’t breach that budget, and with up to 13 players out of contract we’ll likely have some wriggle room to do so even if it’s not  the kind of spending that we’d ideally like.

Things not necessarily being true never usually stops him posting utterbollox 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

This is not necessarily true. Sanctions for breaching FFP can include agreeing a budget that will both ensure we can meet our existing obligations and sign players if doing so won’t breach that budget, and with up to 13 players out of contract we’ll likely have some wriggle room to do so even if it’s not  the kind of spending that we’d ideally like.

Unlikely when still wasting millions on Rhodes and Fletcher get rid of both of these we may have a little room.

Last season's accounts will be filed in the next few weeks then we will see how far in the poo we are.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Unlikely when still wasting millions on Rhodes and Fletcher get rid of both of these we may have a little room.

Last season's accounts will be filed in the next few weeks then we will see how far in the poo we are.

It’s not unlikely at all. In fact I’d say it’s really quite likely. 

I guess we will see anyway.

You’re saying that if we don’t sell anyone for £10m+ in the next few days then we won’t sign anyone in the summer and we will operate next season with current squad minus thirteen players.

I’m saying we will sign players in the summer.

Happy to wait and see, only small problem being that you’ll continue to post the wrong answer between now and then.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not unlikely at all, while our outlay for Fletcher & Rhodes can be viewed as wasteful the fact is we are contractually obliged to those players & if we end up under FFP/P&S sanctions then any budgets agreed with the EFL will allow us to operate while honouring those obligations.

7 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

When Carlos used to refer to closing all the doors and windows, I think it was a direct reference intimating he didn't want Ched sneaking in at dead on night, Kebab in hand and spilling his spicey sauce everywhere. lol 

Image result for sid james pipe

Can’t see anything happening this window. It’s all about the summer. The fact that we seem to be owning up to our P&S position should hopefully stand us in good stead for a ‘workable’ summer window with the EFL. Got a similar feeling about Bruce that I had when Sturroch was appointed and Megson too. Thinks it gonna work. Either that or it’s last night’s vinda resurfacing...

• Haha 1

id have liked us to get someone with pace now with a view to a signing this summer ,im not sure we will be allowed to sign anyone this summer even though about 10 will probably be leaving we might have a squad of 10 left this summer ,im not confident at all that the league wont through the book at us ,very grey area , might be better if we could be allowed to have hector now on a free as his contract runs out this summer ,we might end up be forced to offer new contracts to players what deals are up this summer if we have the expected embargo. who no`s nobody does. 

I reckon if we were signing Hogan he'd be a world beater, because it's the piggies he's garbage ! 

I for one am envious of what those two hats are achieving whilst we struggle in lower reaches of the league , I'd even go as far to say that their strike force has produced more than ours have and for a fraction of the cost ..... embarrassing that we seem to slag off anything  they do whilst we are doing nothing at all.

37 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

id have liked us to get someone with pace now with a view to a signing this summer ,im not sure we will be allowed to sign anyone this summer even though about 10 will probably be leaving we might have a squad of 10 left this summer ,im not confident at all that the league wont through the book at us ,very grey area , might be better if we could be allowed to have hector now on a free as his contract runs out this summer ,we might end up be forced to offer new contracts to players what deals are up this summer if we have the expected embargo. who no`s nobody does. 

You and that room fella sing from the same hymn sheet. 

Not meant as a compliment. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GY-owl.4 said:

SB being unveiled on thursday (before hos official start date) tells me we may do some trading before the window closes?!

You'd hope so but considering the contracts up in the summer he might be tempted to work with the rather large squad and see what he has.

1 minute ago, Pulixifer said:

You'd hope so but considering the contracts up in the summer he might be tempted to work with the rather large squad and see what he has.

I reckon Agnew and Clemence will have already evaluated the squad and made their recommendations to Bruce

Bruce will already know which positions need strengthening

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Personally not that bothered if we don’t bring anybody in this window. We aren’t getting relegated or promoted. I’d like Bruce to assess our players and have a plan coming into the close season. I think it will be a big clearout in the summer and a lot will come in as well. 

Probably right, we are both 11 points off a play off place, and 11 points off the drop zone. However, it would be good to go into next season with some momentum , and we can’t be too complacent. Personally, I’d like to see what we look like with an injection of pace in a couple of areas

• Like 1