OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Watto said:

Source?

none.

i just think if we planned to do no business it would be easier for SB to start on agreed start date (friday?)

but if we are planning on players in /out, the new manager would want to be seen at the head of it/amongst it.  

guess we'll find out in two days

13 minutes ago, Pulixifer said:

You'd hope so but considering the contracts up in the summer he might be tempted to work with the rather large squad and see what he has.

thing is though, some of them are at an age, and on a wage, that makes it unrealistic we will be offering them new contracts anyway,

Carlsberg moment . Press conference Thursday SB lands announces signings of two full backs centre back two speedy wingers ff hooper and lee all now fit. Win every game until the play offs and then win them. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If people really believe we’ll be financially hamstrung in the summer, that makes the appointment of Steve Bruce, a gaff of similar proportions, to the signing of Jordan Rhodes. We’ll be alright

DC has brought in Bruce hoping for a miracle that he some how managed to get us promoted. It extremely unlikely. So for last season we broke FFP by an 8 figure sum or 10,000,000.

We are up sh It creek as long as DC continues to bury his head in the sand.

By March 1st last season accounts need submitting to the efl and the likely position for the remainder of this season.

I predict we will be under an embargo, we have at least 17 players all be it kids so no transfers will be allowed until we come below the £39m losses mark.

That why this season we need to get the Loss as low as possible. Two days left to bring in around £10m or the pain has only just started it will be 2020/21 season before we can strengthen and next season it will all be about avoiding relegation. Paying £40 a game to watch it.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC has brought in Bruce hoping for a miracle that he some how managed to get us promoted. It extremely unlikely. So for last season we broke FFP by an 8 figure sum or 10,000,000.

By March 1st last season accounts need submitting to the efl and the likely position for the remainder of this season.

I predict we will be under an embargo, we have at least 17 players all be it kids so no transfers will be allowed until we come below the £39m losses mark.

That why this season we need to get the Loss as low as possible. Two days left to bring in around £10m or the pain has only just started it will be 2020/21 season before we can strengthen and next season it will all be about avoiding relegation. Paying £40 a game to watch it.

So

What's the bad news?

• Haha 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

You and that room fella sing from the same hymn sheet. 

Not meant as a compliment. 

You know DC his plan to sort everything is promotion, this won't happen so if you think letting half the squad leave for nothing is going to allow us to sign a new team.

I would suggest you reading up on the Profit and Sustainability rules, focus on the part about 3 year rolling losses and the penalties for breaking this.

DC does not have a clue what he is doing.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I’m not going to argue anything different, I really don’t know what our financial position is, or will be. If it is as bad as some fear, it makes the appointment of Bruce very bizarre indeed. I’m not anti Bruce at all, give him the tools, and there’s a good chance he’ll get the job done. Without the resources though, it’s a bit of a foolhardy appointment

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not going to argue anything different, I really don’t know what our financial position is, or will be. If it is as bad as some fear, it makes the appointment of Bruce very bizarre indeed. I’m not anti Bruce at all, give him the tools, and there’s a good chance he’ll get the job done. Without the resources though, it’s a bit of a foolhardy appointment

Bruce is a Hope he can somehow get us promoted but comes in after the window has shut. I just don't see it, we are weak at full back and other than Reach no goals from midfield.

we would have to win 10-12 games to have a chance of the top 6 and Hope for others to do is favours. Fessi our spark did not look for on Sunday and no one is firing up front.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

DC said we broke FFP last season by an 8 figure sum so we know it's at least £10m, the £14m price tag for Fessi reading between the lines tells me we need that figure to avoid the FFP issues as the valuation makes no sense otherwise.

• Haha 1

The more time passes the more I think DC is relying on a relaxation in FFP where permitted losses will be increased giving us a reprieve. I would expect many clubs would be happy to abolish it altogether but it is far more likely to be altered and I think that’s what we are hoping for. Wether this happens or not we should still look to move players on, out of contact and out of favour players first then some who carry value, we need to give Bruce room to build his own team 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You know DC his plan to sort everything is promotion, this won't happen so if you think letting half the squad leave for nothing is going to allow us to sign a new team.

I would suggest you reading up on the Profit and Sustainability rules, focus on the part about 3 year rolling losses and the penalties for breaking this.

DC does not have a clue what he is doing.

Can i suggest YOU read up on what a "transfer embargo" is and what it actually means.

If we have less than 24 established players,which you allude we will have,then we WILL be able to sign players...................................thems the facts jack.

17 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Can i suggest YOU read up on what a "transfer embargo" is and what it actually means.

If we have less than 24 established players,which you allude we will have,then we WILL be able to sign players...................................thems the facts jack.

Correct & despite other posts alluding to this fact he chooses to ignore them to suit his own agenda.

Big Leon leaving the piggies for rivals Wigan That will be Wilders 11th deal of this window, while we sit on our arses. Or maybe we have all our deals lined up to be announced at SB’s press conference? 2 or 3 incomings would be good, with at least double that going out

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Big Leon leaving the piggies for rivals Wigan That will be Wilders 11th deal of this window, while we sit on our arses. Or maybe we have all our deals lined up to be announced at SB’s press conference? 2 or 3 incomings would be good, with at least double that going out

Deals lined up...:sad:. Hhmmm

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Deals lined up :-) this is Wednesday you are talking about. 

• Haha 2