OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

One question, do you think Bruce would have taken the job in those circumstances? Not disputing anything you’ve mentioned, I just really don’t see that Bruce would have taken it

In all honesty no I don't think he would have taken the job in those circumstances. I think there's a good chance he'd take it if DC told him we needed to sell a couple of players first & any surplus after meeting FFP requirements would be his to spend plus he would then be free to wheel & deal in the summer free of embargo restraints.  

What I don't understand is how could DC guarantee that players would be sold in this window to make Bruce agree to take the job.

On 25/01/2019 at 12:36, Dutch McLovin said:

Antonio didn't end up being bad business tho. We ended up getting nearly 5 million for him with the sell on clause and lets be honest when he was with us he never looked like he'd be a premier league player !

No we didn't and yes he did ...

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One question, do you think Bruce would have taken the job in those circumstances? Not disputing anything you’ve mentioned, I just really don’t see that Bruce would have taken it

I don't think with the financial package on offer that many managers would turn us down to be fair ...

Sorry to rant but another flat, dour, lifeless window with probably no signings coming in and no-one leaving

In 3 windows, we’ve signed 1 permanent player and 2 loanees with 1 of em barely featuring ..

What a complete and utter shambles ..

Sorry DC but you and your buddy CC have fecked us up good at proper that we can’t even sign decent players.

Heck we aren’t even offloading players or releasing them to try and balance the books and bring others in!!

No youth players out on loan, no mutual terminations, no rumours of fringe players being shipped out, no nothing. Is anything happening behind the scenes? (hopefully i'm proved wrong!!)

Congrats DC .. well played ..

Absolute crock of sh*t … I would say I’m looking forward to the summer as I want this season to end but feck me, we will be releasing a boat load of players, still restricted by P&S restraints, who the feck are we going to sign? Seriously.

Extremely disappointed and now quite worried ....

43 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We signed joey (450k), van aken (2.7m) and rhodes (10.5 mill) the same season.

Season before we spent just under 10 mill.

Before that we spent just under 15 mill.

We did raise a whole 2.7 mill in sales in that time though.

Van Aken was in the summer. As was Rhodes, after his loan in January so in 18 months our only permanent signing is Pelupessy. WOW

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope I am wrong but saw an interview with Bruce where he said after the last 6 months and what happened at Villa he was thinking of retiring from management, I hope his rest has reinvigorated him as we made that mistake with Jos and paid a heavy price. 

Had Jos played our available experienced players we could realistically had anywhere from 5-10 more points, I think of the two drop at West Brom as an example and Kirkby has not been seen in the match day squad since, which would have put us a lot closer to the top 6. Yes they will be gone at the end of the season, but what would DC have preferred rebuilding a team in the Premier league or league One.

38 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

I guess not. I just wonder if the club actually fully own our players that were scouted by Doyen, hence the reluctance to sell?

Think it's more likely nobody wants our players due to a combination of high fees and wages  

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We should be trying our best to get players like Abdi and Jones out on free transfers to cut the wage bill before the window shuts . But alone  I doubt will be enough.

Having Jones 1.5 mill a week wages off the books would be a big help to be fair

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

One previous condition of FFP was one out, one in, regarding players. So if we can release up to 13, why can't we get a similar number in

Because we would still have above the minimum number of players.

Really do find it shocking from a business point of view that we so far haven’t managed to sell any players. We are in so much crap at the minute and it’s only going to get worse in the summer. Perhaps DC massively over valuing players is the reason, I think him thinking FF is worth 14 million shows that. 

18 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I would love you to be right but would be shocked if it happened. 

there's loads of stuff lined up but they're waiting for Bruce to start to announce it to create euphoria and sell some more tickets.

FF leaving for 6m, Reach for 10m and we're bringing in Grant Holt and Junior Agogo out of retirement as new full backs.  Gonna be mint.

• Haha 4