Forestieri

There are three strikers that currently taking my a shirt of Fessi who is coming on and working hard. I can only imagine those starting are giving and extra 20% because they now they will lose their shirt as soon as there performance and attitude drops. Maybe having Fessi on the bench is improving the whole performance of the striker department and not just his own 

it wont last forever but it’s certainly having a positive impact now 

Jos the genius 

3 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Carlos stroked a loads of balls. It worked for a while but Jos has to motivate the whole squad.

Don't play well, your out. Nowt wrong in that mate.

If it is purely based on performance, nuhiu, matias, reach where non existant in the last league game.

So why start the next one?

A lot of people entirely missing the point in here

Yes we have won 3 games - but we’ve played 3 poor teams, look how we got ran ragged against Brentford

Forestieri WILL be back in the side against better sides - he does make the difference in them type

of games, possibly even back for the Forest game

11 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

You fit in the player who was a regular starter and top scorer in our 2 play of seasons.

I'm afraid I disagree.

We've spent the last two seasons trying to shoehorn individuals into a system, changing winning sides just to make way for one player or another... Carlos did it incessantly, it got us nowhere.

Jos looks to have figured out his system and the players seem to be buying into it. More importantly it's getting results!

For the record, I don't think it will be long before FF is back in the starting lineup again, as 4-2-3-1 suits him absolutely fine, but I for one am glad the days of picking on reputation are over. 

WAWAW

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Still waiting for the line up....

Go back and look at our play off season team selections and see for YOURSELF- when FF was a main starter, top scorer, and drove us to 2 play off finishers.

To say that fitting him in, despite the above, requires yours or @Holmowl explanation, not mine.

Edited by zzmdu

Just now, Pinky said:

If it is purely based on performance, nuhiu, matias, reach where non existant in the last league game.

So why start the next one?

I think in the real world 'performance' is based on more than one game. If we get 1 point from the next 3 it will be time to change it. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Seems a bit of a low blow to only question something due to a loss. 

But we have played 6 league games this season, he has started 3 of them.......

Jos has answered the big questions from the first 3 games by picking a more settled team and formation which has dramatically cut down on the chances we have been giving the opposition. FF's time will come soon enough and he will be back in the starting line up at some point in the next 3 games.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Go back and look at our play off season team selections and see for YOURSELF- when FF was a main starter, top scorer, and drove us to 2 play off finishers.

To say that fitting him in, despite the above, requires yours or @Holmowl explanation, not mine.

You keep wanting to go back to 2016. It's autumn 2018, everyone's moved on.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But we have played 6 league games this season, he has started 3 of them.......

Jos has answered the big questions from the first 3 games by picking a more settled team and formation which has dramatically cut down on the chances we have been giving the opposition. FF's time will come soon enough and he will be back in the starting line up at some point in the next 3 games.

This 

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What a cop out. So basically you just shoit an opinion but wont suggest an answer. Pathetic

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Yes we have won 3 games - but we’ve played 3 poor teams, look how we got ran ragged against Brentford

Forestieri WILL be back in the side against better sides - he does make the difference in them type

Unfortunately this is how I see it. Hope we're wrong.

FF will be brought it after the Stoke game, when we have a tough run. Our points tally will drop, & it'll be put down to FF.

Reminds me of how Joao was used (and destroyed/delayed) in 15/16.

Is JOS covering his won back. Probably too much of a Conspiracy Theory. But I can see it happening.

FF is in a no win situation. 

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Didnt he play at Brentford....

It's really all up to fernando... do whats best for the team & what Jos asks of him & he'll be in the team... I don't think anybody doubts that.

However, act like a spoilt brat sulking whist warming up etc & patience will wear thin especially as everybody else seems to be adopting the 'team' ethic.

It really is all up to fernando...

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I think Jos was right to drop him, but I also think he needs to be brought back in very soon. He’s an emotional player and needs to be loved. 3 games is long enough to have a positive impact on his work ethic. Any more and it’ll start to have a negative effect.

ps. Fair play to Bannan showing him some love and giving him a wee head rub when he won a free kick near the end!

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

What a cop out. So basically you just shoit an opinion but wont suggest an answer. Pathetic

Nope, I'm not answering a question on @Holmowl  's bizarre comment that 'fitting in' FF would involve 'ripping up' the side.

I sound like a broken record, but FF was in the side (and top scorer), when we hit the play offs. You probaably need to suggest why he shouldn't be in, and why the team would have to be ripped up to accommodate.

9 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why. As oppose to question someone whos winning? That just seems daft

No, if you think the team would be better with a player involved in a certain position it doesn’t matter what the result is. No one has to agree with it, but an opinion on that which is at odds with the manager (who has turned things around excellently in a couple of weeks) doesn’t become invalid just because we won.

FF will play more than he doesn’t (injuries and suspensions aside)

Matias has done ok - but he’s being played in the JOC role...it’s all a bit conservative for my liking. At this today our formation was:

Dawson

Joao. Palmer. Lees JP. Thorniley. MP MM

Bannan 

Reach 

Nuhiu

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

FF will play more than he doesn’t (injuries and suspensions aside)

Matias has done ok - but he’s being played in the JOC role...it’s all a bit conservative for my liking. At this today our formation was:

Dawson

Joao. Palmer. Lees JP. Thorniley. MP MM

Bannan 

Reach 

Nuhiu

We won so I have no complaints