Forestieri

Caught sight of this a HT..

6 subs came out to stretch and warm up before some ball work at HT. FF didn't appear until after the fitness stuff had been done. Fitness coach was clearly unhappy with him, pointing at his wrist (time). FF made a comment back, coach made another gesture about time keeping.

Stuff like that will keep him out of the side with the type of manager we have..

1 minute ago, mark77 said:

6 subs came out to stretch and warm up before some ball work at HT. FF didn't appear until after the fitness stuff had been done. Fitness coach was clearly unhappy with him, pointing at his wrist (time). FF made a comment back, coach made another gesture about time keeping.

Them bicycle punctures are a fuccer to fix sometimes tho... 

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

How long can he stay out the side for?

Matias was a bit of a headless chicken today and making runs but ultimately losing the ball and giving it back to Reading - dangerous game and did it plenty of times in the last 20 minutes

I dont think you can leave a player of his quality on the bench - there will be games where he is the difference between two teams and he’s won us games on his own countless times in the past. Matias on the other hand, I cant see that being the case. And that turn at the end was something else ...

Matias played well today and with Hooper and Winall ready to return FF will be gone in January

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Matias played well today and with Hooper and Winall ready to return FF will be gone in January

that's the crux of it though can we afford to lose our possibly most skilful flare player that can turn a game in an instant

FF is almost certainly our most gifted player, we know he is, he knows he is, but he often doesn't apply himself in the way that would positively influence the team more. 

Yes he works tirelessly, runs all over the place trying to win the ball, play the magic ball, score a wonder goal etc but trouble is I think he trys to do too much.

It is not about lack of effort or quality that he is left out now, it is how it is applied and his decision making. It's almost as if we are worse with him in the team because he doesn't trust anyone else to do things and we lose our shape or don't make the most of chances because he only backs himself to do things much of the time.

Singling someone out as the star player is dangerous as it affects the whole team. Team -  'Give it to him and let him sort it' / FF - 'these lads cant finish so i will shoot from 35 yards instead of passing'. A star player often doesn't result in a good team unit. They are all as vital as each other.

This is what Jos is on about.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Stuff like that will keep him out of the side with the type of manager we have..

He’s done that at half time last few home league games. Last one out n hardly warmed up. Seems strange. 

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

How long can he stay out the side for?

Matias was a bit of a headless chicken today and making runs but ultimately losing the ball and giving it back to Reading - dangerous game and did it plenty of times in the last 20 minutes

I dont think you can leave a player of his quality on the bench - there will be games where he is the difference between two teams and he’s won us games on his own countless times in the past. Matias on the other hand, I cant see that being the case. And that turn at the end was something else ...

My 5 year old said "Dad that's 3 games Forestieri's not started and we've won". And he's got 45 on the back of his shirt!!.

I'm surprised at the lack of negs TBH. 

No doubt "Fessi" has the quality to win games but please just look at what Jos is doing without moaners in the side. 

For the first time in 2 years I'm beginning to think we should have cashed our chips. 

I hope he can get his "team player" head on and fire us to the play offs or better, but right now I feel like Jos and the players who are doing the biz, don't get the respect they deserve. Just because we have a well loved "flair" player sat on the bench.

Grow some balls and start a positive thread about the good achievements Jos and the youngsters have made, so far. Rather than try and get all the silly gang bangers on board.

I'm so over Forestieri, and the sooner everyone else on your bandwagon, gets to grips with the lack of team contribution and negative impact his sulking has when a ball doesn't run his way, then we might bang another 10 points from team ethics on the board.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Was exactly the same in the pre match warm ups, literally not trying, messing around etc. Its that attitude that is keeping him on the bench and ultimately will end his time here if it carries on. Acting like spoilt child because he wasn't picked. 

28 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

FF is almost certainly our most gifted player, we know he is, he knows he is, but he often doesn't apply himself in the way that would positively influence the team more. 

Yes he works tirelessly, runs all over the place trying to win the ball, play the magic ball, score a wonder goal etc but trouble is I think he trys to do too much.

It is not about lack of effort or quality that he is left out now, it is how it is applied and his decision making. It's almost as if we are worse with him in the team because he doesn't trust anyone else to do things and we lose our shape or don't make the most of chances because he only backs himself to do things much of the time.

Singling someone out as the star player is dangerous as it affects the whole team. Team -  'Give it to him and let him sort it' / FF - 'these lads cant finish so i will shoot from 35 yards instead of passing'. A star player often doesn't result in a good team unit. They are all as vital as each other.

This is what Jos is on about.

Jokanovic had FF sussed at Watford.

I've said it for awhile. Terrific footballer, but best used off the bench.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jokanovic had FF sussed at Watford.

I've said it for awhile. Terrific footballer, but best used off the bench.

I'm with you on this, an impact sub doesn't have to be a one trick pony for one situation eg a fella that's good in the air for a set piece threat.

If some one is extremely talented and technically better than most of his team mates and opposition he might fair well with a point to prove and with everyone else having already run about for an hour while they're fresh as a daisy. Arguably there is more chance of them being effective coming on as a sub.