Forestieri

5 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Dont think it was ff to blame for the bad start, we have also done much better not playing jva and playing 2cbs instead of 3 in a 4231/433!

We are rubbish playing 532.

Too much obsession with ff, he will be needed and his time will come imo

We looked so disjointed with 3 at the back. So many gaps out wide and our cbs didn’t look comfortable on the ball either. It’s the latest “in” formation but fair play to Jos for dropping it. Some managers are very dogmatic about these things 

7 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Let’s have a bit of realism here. We have played 3 poorish sides and we have got 3 wins and im naturally delighted. 

However, FF is our most stand out player and we need to get him in the team. We have tougher tests ahead in September and October. 

I actually think that Reach will play in a front 3 when Onamah forces his way into the side. I’d play him on the right, FF on the left and one of our many strikers up top dependant on the opposition. FF must play and he’s our marquee player. 

Agree he's our marquee player, and I'm sure he'll feature heavily this season, but as of right now, how do you tell Matias he's being dropped? 

"Won 3 games on the trot and you've worked your socks off, but I'm dropping you for Nando."

What sort of message does that send, to BOTH players?

Nando, your selection is not based on merit or form, so don't worry.

Marco, you might as well not try because I'm not picking you anyway. 

That's poor management imo.

15 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Good that we have got 3 wins on the bounce, but I do think all 3 will finish in the bottom half of the table. The proof of this side will be in the next 2 months.

However, simply say ff not playing is the reason we won these 3 games is frankly bizarre. Who knows, we may have won all 3 more comfortably with him starting 11. I personally think he would have offered a lot more than matias has going forward and a similar work rate.

The big difference is the shape though. That’s what’s changed in these games, we are far more rigid, that’s not to do with ff. Its a tactical change. We’ve been more narrow without the ball, pressed the ball 10 yards higher and tried to move it forward quicker.

We may have but whats the point going an about it. We could equally have lost all 3.

• Haha 1

I think we can all agree it’s good that we have got competition for places. We have Lee, Hooper and the 2 loanees to challenge.  Keeps all the players on their toes.

Last season everyone was injured and we struggled to get a team out. No competition. 

Jos will have his work cut out to name a starting 11 and 7 subs. For some teams it will be quite easy to name, for Jos it may be tricky.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

We may have but whats the point going an about it. We could equally have lost all 3.

Of course we could, but there are comments in this thread alluding to we won because ff didn’t play. Which isn’t the case. We won the games because of the tatical changes. The shape we played in the first 3 didn’t work, it’s been rectified, and fair play to the manager.

Just now, boxing_day said:

Of course we could, but there are comments in this thread alluding to we won because ff didn’t play. Which isn’t the case. We won the games because of the tatical changes. The shape we played in the first 3 didn’t work, it’s been rectified, and fair play to the manager.

Perhaps we won because of the tactics and him not starting which is in fact is exactly what has happened. Whether we would have won or lost with him playing is pure specualtion. I dont care if he plays or not. I just want the points.

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Seriously?!

Since been dropped, we've won three games. Scored two goals a game, and looked a much better outfit both defensively and offensively. 

Now, I'm not saying thats entirely down to Forestieri, but it certainly does not warrant these endless threads demanding his return. 

Do we support Sheffield Wednesday or Fernando Forestieri? Would anybody care one ounce if we win promotion (not saying we will!), with Forestieri not starting a game?

It's ridiculous. Matias performed a key role today, and has done in the two games previously. 

You're missing an important point, that during our actual near promotions, FF was our Top Scorer & a regular starter.

That's why some on here (thousands at Hillsborough), want him on the pitch.

Just now, zzmdu said:

You're missing an important point, that during our actual near promotions, FF was our Top Scorer & a regular starter.

Shall we just play him week in week out then regardless of anything? If not, when you would choose to change things around?

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

The players currently in the first team have just won three league games on the spin. Why do any of them deserve to lose their shirt for Fessi ? 

3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Perhaps we won because of the tactics and him not starting which is in fact is exactly what has happened. Whether we would have won or lost with him playing is pure specualtion. I dont care if he plays or not. I just want the points.

I disagree. It’s the shape of the team, and a flat back four which is why we are conceding less. We all just want the 3 points and we will get more with ff over the season in side. Especially if we continue to play the flat back four, with the players we have.

The crazy thing is I believe we could be top if we’d set up like this at Wigan. I think we’d have got an extra 5 points beating them and hull. Small margins. 

21 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think Jos is managing egos with FF and Hutchinson - and he's winning at the moment. 

He's winning narrowly against a1 likely  lower mid table side & 2 relegation certs. 

If we hit trouble (after Stoke), FF & Hutch may play hard ball, as seemingly Westwood has.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What the thousands at Hillsborough, myself included, want primarily is a winning side, we've had that the last 3 games. Would I rather have FF in the team? Yes, but I can't be too disappointed when we have won all of the games he hasn't started this season.

Just now, zzmdu said:

He's winning narrowly against a1 likely  lower mid table side & 2 relegation certs. 

If we hit trouble (after Stoke), FF & Hutch may play hard ball, as seemingly Westwood has.

What does playing hard ball mean? Not wanting to play? Anyone who doesn't want to play shouldn't be in the side.

1 minute ago, boxing_day said:

I disagree. It’s the shape of the team, and a flat back four which is why we are conceding less. We all just want the 3 points and we will get more with ff over the season in side. Especially if we continue to play the flat back four, with the players we have.

The crazy thing is I believe we could be top if we’d set up like this at Wigan. I think we’d have got an extra 5 points beating them and hull. Small margins. 

Maybe. Whatever. He made a change to get us back on track and it works. FF will get his chance. Bigger issue for me is i dont think he fits well in a 442. He isnt good as a CF in my opinion. We have better CF at the club. He isnt a proper LM either which arguably is where he has been most productive for us.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

lol

So Westwood's not in the team because he's not making himself available to play?

Please elaborate.