Forestieri

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We have better players now but Gray had a similar approach in terms of work ethic and needing a balance between “artists” and “soldiers” so yeah I can see some similarities even if you can’t. Without Joao and Forestieri in the side I don’t think we’d be near top six as grays wasn’t but that’s just my view. 

Joaos goal was excellent. Forestieri scores them too. They are the guys that are the difference between top ten and top six if we have any chance at all.

I think being a good team who work hard goes a lot further than having one star player like Forestieri and if he’s not prepared to work for the team then I’m all for him being on the bench and stand by Jos. This attitude of “we need him to play just because he’s Forestieri” I just don’t understand.

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

You're missing an important point, that during our actual near promotions, FF was our Top Scorer & a regular starter.

That's why some on here (thousands at Hillsborough), want him on the pitch.

And?!

Football is about results. 

THIS season, the one that matters, he's started four games, and we've yet to win one. All four games he's not started...we've won. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm as big a fan of FF as anyone. But any argument trying to question Luhukay's judgement on the situation is fundamentally flawed. 

I'm sure Forestieri will see plenty of game time over the course of the season...but whilever we are winning games, and Matias is playing as well as he is doing, why the hell should he be brought back? What message does that send out?

Hutchinson is in the same situation...he played a crucial role in our Nearly Promotion campaigns...but I don't see the clamour for him to be involved...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree his time will come. I just think we could’ve achieved the same or won more comfortably with FF involved and when viewed in the context of how he’s played since returning, dropping him on one game seemed harsh.If people disagree that’s fair dos.

I think we look a lot more organised and hard working which is a huge plus. Probably in a similar manner to when Gray was manager, but it’s that bit of magic that gets a good side into the top six ahead of others so we need to make a home for him sooner or later. 

Min hindsight, honestly, would you put FF in the team for Millwall, Ipswich and Reading?

And would you really drop someone to play him v Stoke?

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I think being a good team who work hard goes a lot further than having one star player like Forestieri and if he’s not prepared to work for the team then I’m all for him being on the bench and stand by Jos. This attitude of “we need him to play just because he’s Forestieri” I just don’t understand.

I agree completely. But I’ve always had him down as a hard worker. It’s the likes of Joao and Matias who have had more to prove there.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How do you know it woukd be better if he played if we won?

I don’t know any more than anyone else. But I think he works hard and is one of the best attackers in the division so I’m basing it on that and what I’ve seen of him since his return last season. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Min hindsight, honestly, would you put FF in the team for Millwall, Ipswich and Reading?

If I’d been picking the team and he was fit then yeah, I wouldn’t have dropped him as I don’t think he deserved it. Therefore I wouldn’t have to drop anyone against Stoke.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I would fit the player in, who was our best and Top Scorer during our last 2 play off finishers.

If better players had been bought/developed since, I could see sense in not doing this. They haven't.

When FF was injured for the majority of last season, we didn't finish anywhere near the play offs.

Edited by zzmdu

Just now, zzmdu said:

I would fit the player in, who was our best and Top Scorer during our last 2 play off finishers.

If better players had been bought/developed since, I could see sense in not doing this. They haven't.

When FF injured was for the majority of last season, we didn't finish anywhere near the play offs.

he only started 26 games when we finished 4th to be fair

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree completely. But I’ve always had him down as a hard worker. It’s the likes of Joao and Matias who have had more to prove there.

I disagree in regard to him being a hard worker. Yes he can close a defender down under pressure or a goal keeper and all the crowd applauds. But he doesn’t do things like cover the left back and get into shape quick enough, the little nitty gritty parts of the game. 

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

When FF injured was for the majority of last season, we didn't finish anywhere near the play offs.

I think the injuries to Hutchinson,  Lee, Lees, Bannan, Hooper, Westwood and Hunt all played a part on last season's drop off too to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

When FF was injured for the majority of last season, we didn't finish anywhere near the play offs.

No we had another 15 players injured as well ,or have you conveniently forgotten that.

If anything, we have shown we can survive in the league without several star players...I know thats no reason to be jumpin' throuygh hoops, but it has certainly settled my mind a bit, cos I honestly feared the worst.

Good enough to go up?...I still doubt that, but reasons for optimism regarding the "Serious trouble" that was threatened next season, cos the "Kids" are showing they can actually cope...

5 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

I disagree in regard to him being a hard worker. Yes he can close a defender down under pressure or a goal keeper and all the crowd applauds. But he doesn’t do things like cover the left back and get into shape quick enough, the little nitty gritty parts of the game. 

Fair dos, I’ve seen him track back to win the ball from someone when he’s lost it and to be fair if someone like Matias has started doing it then I’m sure FF can too. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think the injuries to Hutchinson,  Lee, Lees, Bannan, Hooper, Westwood and Hunt all played a part on last season's drop off too to be fair. 

They did Lord.

Lord, Please can you answer me a simple factual question? With just a two word answer (forename/surname).

Who was the Top Scorer in our 2015/16, 2016/17 Play Off Seasons.

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

They did Lord.

Lord, Please can you answer me a simple factual question? With just a two word answer (forename/surname).

Who was the Top Scorer in our 2015/16, 2016/17 Play Off Seasons.

I certainly can .

The top scorers in our play off seasons were-:

Andre Gray (Brentford)

Chris Wood (L**ds)

• Haha 5

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I certainly can .

The top scorers in our play off seasons were-:

Andre Gray (Brentford)

Chris Wood (L**ds)

They were Lord.

Lord, Please can you answer me a simple factual question? With just a two word answer (forename/surname).

Who was the Top Scorer  For SWFC in our 2015/16, 2016/17 Play Off Seasons.