Forestieri

How long can he stay out the side for?

Matias was a bit of a headless chicken today and making runs but ultimately losing the ball and giving it back to Reading - dangerous game and did it plenty of times in the last 20 minutes

I dont think you can leave a player of his quality on the bench - there will be games where he is the difference between two teams and he’s won us games on his own countless times in the past. Matias on the other hand, I cant see that being the case. And that turn at the end was something else ...

Seriously?!

Since been dropped, we've won three games. Scored two goals a game, and looked a much better outfit both defensively and offensively. 

Now, I'm not saying thats entirely down to Forestieri, but it certainly does not warrant these endless threads demanding his return. 

Do we support Sheffield Wednesday or Fernando Forestieri? Would anybody care one ounce if we win promotion (not saying we will!), with Forestieri not starting a game?

It's ridiculous. Matias performed a key role today, and has done in the two games previously. 

• Like 4

I think Fessi is an amazing sub to bring on when you're ahead and you want to manage the game.

Bringing him on towards the end adds another problem for the opposition that they then have to manage. He comes with bags of energy and is such a handful.

We've won three games in a row doing this. Why would Jos change a winning philosophy? That is why he's the manager and you are not I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He always grafts so I don’t see Jos’ issue with him. I like the approach he has taken recently but we have one of the best in the championship on the bench currently and he’s arguably been in his best form since moving here after that knee op.

He didn't graft 2nd half at Brentford which is probably the reason he was dropped and since then we have won 3 out of 3 and he has had a positive impact as a sub. He will be back in the side before long as long as his attitude remains right. I would have Fletcher and FF ahead of Nuhiu and Matias but you can't really argue with not tinkering too much with a winning side.

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I think Fessi is an amazing sub to bring on when you're ahead and you want to manage the game.

Bringing him on towards the end adds another problem for the opposition that they then have to manage. He comes with bags of energy and is such a handful.

We've won three games in a row doing this. Why would Jos change a winning philosophy? That is why he's the manager and you are not I'm afraid.

Reducing one of the best players in the league to an impact sub will surely only be temporary (or it should be).

We have won 3 games on the bounce by a tight margin but to those suggesting that it nullifies team selection queries on the basis that we mightn’t have won otherwise. Well perhaps we might’ve won more comfortably. I think FF will be a must against the challengers at the top.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He didn't graft 2nd half at Brentford which is probably the reason he was dropped and since then we have won 3 out of 3 and he has had a positive impact as a sub. He will be back in the side before long as long as his attitude remains right. I would have Fletcher and FF ahead of Nuhiu and Matias but you can't really argue with not tinkering too much with a winning side.

I didn’t see Brentford, but it seemed harsh to me given that he’s been outstanding and hardworking since his return in the spring.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I didn’t see Brentford, but it seemed harsh to me given that he’s been outstanding and hardworking since his return in the spring.

I agree but after Brentford we had 1 point from 3 games and while FF played well against Hull and Wigan if his attitude seemed off at Brentford then maybe giving him a wake up call of a game on the bench was the intention - since then we have kept winning. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him start the next game.