Before the loan deadline.

Now that we're out of the League Cup (which was the only chance of football for some) I wonder if we will look to get a couple of players out on loan before the window closes. The ones currently pushing for first team spots can't go anywhere (Thorniley, Penney, Baker and Preston) but don't see a point in keeping all of the following between now and January as some would surely benefit from football elsewhere (the likes of Nielsen, Kirby, Hunt, Stobbs and Jack Lee). Maybe not Kirby as he's closer to the first team than others there I reckon.

Still think we need more experienced cover between now and the end of the week at CB and possibly DCM but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Now that we're out of the League Cup (which was the only chance of football for some) I wonder if we will look to get a couple of players out on loan before the window closes. The ones currently pushing for first team spots can't go anywhere (Thorniley, Penney, Baker and Preston) but don't see a point in keeping all of the following between now and January as some would surely benefit from football elsewhere (the likes of Nielsen, Kirby, Hunt, Stobbs and Jack Lee). Maybe not Kirby as he's closer to the first team than others there I reckon.

Still think we need more experienced cover between now and the end of the week at CB and possibly DCM but we will have to wait and see what happens.

Agreed. Kirby has to stay until we get Lee and Abdi fit. Very thin on the ground in midfield 

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

This is where those responsible for transfers, earn their corn. I’m thinking three in, with at least the same amount leaving, plus get a few of the youngsters out as well Why we have to leave everything until the last minute, I don’t know. Maybe the upcoming international break means that there’s no real rush for players to move That wouldn’t apply to the youngsters though, who would presumably be going to lower league clubs

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is where those responsible for transfers, earn their corn. I’m thinking three in, with at least the same amount leaving, plus get a few of the youngsters out as well Why we have to leave everything until the last minute, I don’t know. Maybe the upcoming international break means that there’s no real rush for players to move That wouldn’t apply to the youngsters though, who would presumably be going to lower league clubs

Spot on for me....................centre half, right back and centre midfielder with ideally three going out and a few young uns as well.

If we can get a couple in , like the ones we have been linked with, Hecter,  Piazen,  and get some of the big earners out on loan who don't play , like Jones,Boyd,  Fox  and Westwood that wouldn't be a good result for me. 

I'm not bothered about some of the young lads going out as I feel they will progress working with the first team squad and Jos . I just think we need to try and shift out some dead wood on loan and bring the wage bill down.

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

If I was one of the young players on the fringe of a place in the team I would fight tooth and nail to stay at Hillsborough why go to a League One club when there is a strong possibility of playing in the Championship?  

If we do the expected business, why, for example, would Nielsen think that? He’d likely have 4 centre backs ahead of him, plus 2 more who would be chosen before he got a chance. Surely it would make sense for him to go out and get regular games. Ditto young Wallis, with 4 keepers ahead of him

Just now, gurujuan said:

If we do the expected business, why, for example, would Nielsen think that? He’d likely have 4 centre backs ahead of him, plus 2 more who would be chosen before he got a chance. Surely it would make sense for him to go out and get regular games. Ditto young Wallis, with 4 keepers ahead of him

It's not that I disagree with you as such you make perfect rational sense.

You have to see it from their perspective not ours as fans, they see their colleagues making the team and with the optimism of youth will feel that they can do the same.  Penny for instance only a couple of games ago was not in most fans thinking for a regular place and if he had been sent out on loan would have applauded the club. If he has a couple more steady games he will feel the berth is his.   

The others will take heart from this if they have belief in their ability and will want to fight for the chance.  They will also look back on Penny's dismal record out on loan and will think that they have better options here.

35 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If we can get a couple in , like the ones we have been linked with, Hecter,  Piazen,  and get some of the big earners out on loan who don't play , like Jones,Boyd,  Fox  and Westwood that wouldn't be a good result for me. 

I'm not bothered about some of the young lads going out as I feel they will progress working with the first team squad and Jos . I just think we need to try and shift out some dead wood on loan and bring the wage bill down.

This going out on loan is far from the solution it is made put to be. The reasons for this are quite simple. They are certainly not playing against the type of opposition or at the pace of Championship clubs, if they are p[laying at all. . It was reported yesterday that one of our youngsters was overcome when going out for his first game for the club he loves. He had been out on loan, but HAD NEVER HAD A GAME. Not likely to have gained from this experience.

14 minutes ago, Watson said:

It's not that I disagree with you as such you make perfect rational sense.

You have to see it from their perspective not ours as fans, they see their colleagues making the team and with the optimism of youth will feel that they can do the same.  Penny for instance only a couple of games ago was not in most fans thinking for a regular place and if he had been sent out on loan would have applauded the club. If he has a couple more steady games he will feel the berth is his.   

The others will take heart from this if they have belief in their ability and will want to fight for the chance.  They will also look back on Penny's dismal record out on loan and will think that they have better options here.

Yes some good points, I must admit, I was only thinking of it from what I imagined would be the clubs point of view. Some of the youngsters I would keep in and around the first team, but there are others, like the two I mentioned, who’s time would be better served out on loan

11 hours ago, Libertine said:

Nielson, Stobbs & Lee would all really benefit from a stint out on loan. 

Stobbs & Nielson really could do with a good league 1 loan to get a season under their belt. Just needs to be the right club as like with Claire when he was out and thornily who both really benifutted from getting plenty of games while out, rather than like penny at Mansfield where they didn't bother playing the lad and was a waste. 

Wonder if maybe we could get some unsuspecting succer to take some of the has beens like Boyd and abdi even for free.