Proper care of players - get used to it

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I know mate...But we have been told its more or less "S H *t or bust this season"...should we approach it with timidity then?

Oh!

You're taking it seriously.

I'll have to give it some actual thought then... get back to you....DJ Mortimer and Snooty will want to know what I think anyway.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Look at last season. The Fletcher-Hooper partnership was fantastic, but instead of giving either/both a break they were flogged to death. I was probably as guilty as most wanting them in every game - they are my preferred duo in a two - but it was wrong. They needed rest. They aren’t two flea-fit players in their early 20s

The Fletcher/Hooper is fantastic.....for Gary Hooper.

Not the team.

Saw a quote from Pulis the other day where he said that in this league you play 3 times a week 14 times a season.

Presumably includes some cup games but illustrates the problem.

Nobody , other than Kieran Lee at his peak can start all those.

We are 5 games into a 46 game season and can’t afford to lose players through overplaying them.

Especially those coming back from long term injury 

43 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We have just played:-

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

We have games:-

Tuesday

Saturday

We have had Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Matias returning from from injuries. 

So you mention that we have players coming back from injuries and we need to give them a rest bla bla ...i get that when you are playing a rotating system but the contradiction here is jos has played one of the most injury prone players ever to put on a wednesday shirt 3 times in a week in matias??? Or does he need game time or summat ?

5 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

So you mention that we have players coming back from injuries and we need to give them a rest bla bla ...i get that when you are playing a rotating system but the contradiction here is jos has played one of the most injury prone players ever to put on a wednesday shirt 3 times in a week in matias??? Or does he need game time or summat ?

I think the argument with Matias is that he's not as invaluable to us as Fernando or Fletcher. 

8 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

He's simply helping him to break his teeth in.

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's game over for that lad really isnt' it

I know a fella from Oldham who went to the same school as Lee, was a few years older but knows the same circle. Strong rumours from him that calling it a day is a serious possibility for him at the moment. Be gutted for him.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

We have just played:-

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

We have games:-

Tuesday

Saturday

We have had Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Matias returning from from injuries. 

Jos has mixed and matched and rested and eased back. We have won three and drawn one of the above 5 played.....and yet all many of us can do is moan and winge that Jos didn’t start this player or that player. 

We we just got rid of a manager that ran players dry, and when they were dry he ran them some more. We had one fit first teamer for a third of the season due to this approach.

Cut Jos some slack guys. He is managing a fragile set of players back to health. 

After Reading we get two weeks off. It will be brilliant if we get thru Tuesday and Saturday with no injuries, threatening the play-offs, and Winnall, Lee and Hooper a couple of weeks nearer action.

Im utterly delighted with our position and how we seem to be be managing our valuable assets like athletes rather than dray horses.

Really poor OP; designed for plusses. Which you've got.

Your anti-ff agenda is transparent, predictable & boring to a few on here.

Yes some rotation is needed. But we need reasonable settled side & to play our better footballers.

• Like 1