Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

We have games:-

Tuesday

Saturday

We have had Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Matias returning from from injuries. 

Jos has mixed and matched and rested and eased back. We have won three and drawn one of the above 5 played.....and yet all many of us can do is moan and winge that Jos didn’t start this player or that player. 

We we just got rid of a manager that ran players dry, and when they were dry he ran them some more. We had one fit first teamer for a third of the season due to this approach.

Cut Jos some slack guys. He is managing a fragile set of players back to health. 

After Reading we get two weeks off. It will be brilliant if we get thru Tuesday and Saturday with no injuries, threatening the play-offs, and Winnall, Lee and Hooper a couple of weeks nearer action.

Im utterly delighted with our position and how we seem to be be managing our valuable assets like athletes rather than dray horses.

Correctomundo my man 

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We have just played:-

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

Tuesday

Saturday

We have had Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Matias returning from from injuries. 

Jos has mixed and matched and rested and eased back. We have won three and drawn one of the above 5 played.....and yet all many of us can do is moan and winge that Jos didn’t start this player or that player. 

We we just got rid of a manager that ran players dry, and when they were dry he ran them some more. We had one fit first teamer for a third of the season due to this approach.

Cut Jos some slack guys. He is managing a fragile set of players back to health. 

After Reading we get two weeks off. It will be brilliant if we get thru Tuesday and Saturday with no injuries, threatening the play-offs, and Winnall, Lee and Hooper a couple of weeks nearer action.

Im utterly delighted with our position and how we seem to be be managing our valuable assets like athletes rather than dray horses.

I don't see what difference it makes...Start them, then sub them...or vice versa....Its not as though the f.ookin' conditions change after after 45 minutes is it?

Start your best team..get a lead....hold it...

Start a weaker team, lose the first half...chase it...

I honestly think if you regard someone as half fit, you either don't play them at all...or you whichever half you play them in. makes no difference..

Just now, Owlstastic said:

Jos has repeatedly said that he will not start players who are not 100%. 

What bit of this do some of our fans not understand? 

Excellent management in my view.

Why?

If they are on the subs bench...you have them in mind anyhow....

He started Fletcher midweek?

Was Nuhiu not fit?

I think we should start on the front foot at home....against Ipwswich...

As it happened we started as slow as f.ookery, and it only got better when the subs were made

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Why not give Fletcher a breather second half though Snoots?...thats my point..In fact that gives him more recovery time, if we nitpick

Well ten minutes at the end or 45 in the first really isn't it.

Not many managers would sub in the first 15 of of a game.

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

The thing is we have other options

Nuhiu has been shocking in all three games he's played this season

I think he obviously prefers to utilise the mobility of the other strikers in the wider and deeper areas. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We have just played:-

Saturday

Thursday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

Tuesday

Saturday

Totally agree, that's what we have a squad for

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I don't see what difference it makes...Start them, then sub them...or vice versa....Its not as though the f.ookin' conditions change after after 45 minutes is it?

Start your best team..get a lead....hold it...

Start a weaker team, lose the first half...chase it...

I honestly think if you regard someone as half fit, you either don't play them at all...or you whichever half you play them in. makes no difference..

I disagree.

Look at last season. The Fletcher-Hooper partnership was fantastic, but instead of giving either/both a break they were flogged to death. I was probably as guilty as most wanting them in every game - they are my preferred duo in a two - but it was wrong. They needed rest. They aren’t two flea-fit players in their early 20s.

Hutchinson and Forestieri also suffered badly due to being used when they should have been eased back.

Its really hard to see your favourite or one of our best players on the bench, but it’s better he sits out 70 minutes than 20 games.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Well ten minutes at the end or 45 in the first really isn't it.

Not many managers would sub in the first 15 of of a game.

No they wouldn't..If they had started their best 11..I don't think we did today....

We looked shocking for most of the first half....The crowd was quiet....They got louder as FF came on...and we won with a struggle..I simply think it would work better the other way around