Proper care of players - get used to it

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Why?

If they are on the subs bench...you have them in mind anyhow....

He started Fletcher midweek?

Was Nuhiu not fit?

I think we should start on the front foot at home....against Ipwswich...

As it happened we started as slow as f.ookery, and it only got better when the subs were made

He probably didn’t want FF or Fletch to have to come on. They were his Get out of Jail card.

Perhaps he just played his hand really wisely and skilfully Wednesday and Saturday.

He might even have just got plain lucky. But hey.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No they wouldn't..If they had started their best 11..I don't think we did today....

We looked shocking for most of the first half....The crowd was quiet....They got louder as FF came on...and we won with a struggle..I simply think it would work better the other way around

Omg you're a moron

• Haha 2

People are fooled by sky sports and managers making excuses about resting players. It's mid August ffs!!!! not February.

Players are paid to play, ghe more you play the fitter you get. If you play 2 games in a week you can take it easier in training and spend more time recovering.

Like asteener says start your best team, get the game won then rest players/make subs.

The best Wednesday teams i have ever seen were managed by Big Jack, Sgt Wilko and Big Ron, we tended to play our strongest possible 11 and guess what?we were more successful, no coincidence is it?

Edited by full fathom five

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No they wouldn't..If they had started their best 11..I don't think we did today....

We looked shocking for most of the first half....The crowd was quiet....They got louder as FF came on...and we won with a struggle..I simply think it would work better the other way around

Possibly.

Unknown really. 

Had we started them and brought them off Ipswich might have clawed back. 

Swings and roundabouts.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He probably didn’t want FF or Fletch to have to come on. They were his Get out of Jail card.

Perhaps he just played his hand really wisely and skilfully Wednesday and Saturday.

He might even have just got plain lucky. But hey.

I see that mate, but if you play like that first half, all it can do is give the opposition confidence.....The other way around..I reckon Ipswich could have been out of it

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's game over for that lad really isnt' it

Quite possibly. 

Be a crying shame if so. 

He's a class player. Carlos playing him so soon after his hip surgery was nothing short of disgraceful. 

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yep it would make sense, try and win without using them if possible...and the upside of coming on late is the opposition have to regroup quickly especially if they have already made changes either chasing the game or holding on.