42 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I agree in a way but its easy to get carried away and think we could do a better job than the owner/manager. 

It's good you're restraining yourself to saying that on here so the rest of us can give you a resounding no to the idea that you or anyone else here - me included -could do that job better.

It's the same as saying we can go out on the pitch and play better than our team did in matches they put in poor performances.

We're allowed to criticise and keep it constructive, by all means, but for the most part we should feel lucky to not be involved with the less than grateful job of managing a football club. ;)

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

It's good you're restraining yourself to saying that on here so the rest of us can give you a resounding no to the idea that you or anyone else here - me included -could do that job better.

It's the same as saying we can go out on the pitch and play better than our team did in matches they put in poor performances.

We're allowed to criticise and keep it constructive, by all means, but for the most part we should feel lucky to not be involved with the less than grateful job of managing a football club. ;)

100%

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, chrischapeltownowl said:

I know its hard to believe but i just go to matches,ive been going 55yrs home and away and i dont give a monkeys who owns us,which players the manager picks,ect,i just go.

I also know there is many thousands like me.So stop whinging and just go.

Thank you

Well said pal it's in the blood , season ticket holder since 1972 , as long as I'm fit and able I'll be there I'm fortunate to go with lots of like minded people , WTID. 

Just now, watty said:

Well said pal it's in the blood , season ticket holder since 1972 , as long as I'm fit and able I'll be there I'm fortunate to go with lots of like minded people , WTID. 

Surely you must discuss who's picked in the team, who's left out etc amongst you?

All football fans do that don't they?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Surely you must discuss who's picked in the team, who's left out etc amongst you?

All football fans do that don't they?

Of course we do , we have different opinions on players , managers , kits ticket prices etc , but I've gone with dozens of the same people for many years and the thing we've all got in common is we love Sheffield Wednesday no more no less .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We could adopt this chant for the games

Get everyone (including the players, bench, away fans the lot) in the stadium shouting it over and over and over whilst looking over at the chairman and trying to get him to join in with it

If he doesn't we could just point at him as we're chanting it so he knows we're trying to get him to join us.

Top idea

Hahaha 90 mins of pointing at Chansiri and shouting "just go"..... 

gPbhyNB9Vpde0.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, watty said:

Of course we do , we have different opinions on players , managers , kits ticket prices etc , but I've gone with dozens of the same people for many years and the thing we've all got in common is we love Sheffield Wednesday no more no less .

Well of course I'd expect nothing less mate

UTO

Owlstalk Shop

And I don't sit mystified that some wish their team to be run well, managed well, with a team performing to its optimum.

Everyone's different and those who know how to run businesses well will be inclined to point out that ours isn't. And those who have played the game will wish to point out the deficiencies in our playing squad and our tactics.

Especially on a forum designed to discuss such things.

The attempts to tell others to STFU, however subtle, or from whatever source, should be treated with the disdain deserved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrischapeltownowl said:

I know its hard to believe but i just go to matches,ive been going 55yrs home and away and i dont give a monkeys who owns us,which players the manager picks,ect,i just go.

Thank you

You see this is what a fan looks like, he's not a happy clapper he's a supporter and by the very definition all supporters are happy clappers. 

Credit to you, I've been following the Owls 25 years and its mainly been the drizzling sh!ts but still supporting more than ever!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

I don’t get why people aren’t able to differentiate between the two.

I have been quite critical of the extremely poor running of the club, however I thoroughly enjoyed my day Saturday. Just because I want better didn’t stop me getting behind ever player, including Fletcher who I don’t rate and think should have had a hat trick.

Why does everyone feel the need to pigeon hole you in the ‘moaners’ camp if you are critical of things.

Interestingly, the so called moaners do appear to accept the ones only praising the club are actually supporters but are not afforded the same courtesy.

Strange.

This 1000 times. 

I can be hyper critical or hyper delusional about how good or bad our club is. For different reasons. I LOVE the drama, mischief and sheer madness of following us on Owlstalk and being involved in knowing every bit of news about the club, every false rumour or every huge drama. 

But it's still so separate from the experience and feeling of being at the game. I admit I can almost be unbelievably hypocritical or a 'jekyll and hyde' when it comes to me being sat behind the laptop screen getting frustrated at our lack of transfers and FFP failings and being at the game with mates having a day out enjoying it all. It's how it is for me. 

• Like 3

Thank you

Have never understood this logic myself.

I have a season ticket but I do sometimes miss the odd game at home if I'm not happy with the performance of the team.

It actually annoys me when people don't moan at anything the club does , I suppose it's how we are as people as to how we support the club , I'm far to passionate to let things just go and take any old Shi te!

Let's be reyt about it.

Noone follows Wednesday because we are guaranteed success...............we might all want it in different ways, some more vociferous about how we get it than others.

OP is right, it should be about enjoying it with your mates, having a pint or two and then asking yourself at just before 5pm why the foooook you put yourself through it.

• Like 1

Thank you

we"re all the same. None of us are exactly glory supporters lol

Thank you

I only wish I could do this! I am so bogged down in everything that’s going on around the place that I no longer enjoy going. Back in the 70s/80s (pre internet days) no one knew naff all about what was going on (other than what the star/green un told us )... and it was far better that way! Money/greed and the internet have ruined football for me .....

god I sound old lolWTF: <<<remember these 2 characters too