How about this for an Idea

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We're skint we aren't signing anyone the players we have are the players we have so how about doing some of that supporting malarkey 

Radical i know but why don't we give it a go

How dare you sir!! 

Getting behind players who are actually contracted by the club is so 1990’s! 

Now there is is still a few hours of transfer window left, I suggest you get a 100 page megathread on an unlikely player that most likely we don’t need and will ultimately prove wasn’t good enough! If I’m doubt and need historic examples to give you inspiration think ALF, Ben10 and Rhodes, each of these have had more ‘support’ (albeit if we do sign them support must stop) than Nuhiu, JvA and Palmer! 

4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

We're skint we aren't signing anyone the players we have are the players we have so how about doing some of that supporting malarkey 

100% agree with the supporting bit Mick.....we aren't skint though, when I say we I mean Chansiri....he's got plenty of money, he just can't splash it because of FFP.

Hmmm, a bit leftfield that but i like the sound of it.

I'm in. 

F F P is destroying teams instead of helping As is rewarding teams for failure was it gives an unfair advantage when relegated from the prem , rules must be if relegated then terms alter and wages drop to suit let the players know it's their fault they were relegated and no one elses not the fans chairmen or any other buggar ,would be some great games to watch if that was the case ,

• Like 1

Bang on Mick.

I’d love to see 28k plus fans in Hillsborough on Saturday right behind the team and roaring us into a win against Hull... it could really kick start our season!!

• Like 1

Stop bellyaching about parachute payments,,it’s pathetic..if we got promoted next season..then got relegated the season after..would you all be jumping about them? It’s just jealousy cus we are up the creek..mumping not jumping..

Edited by Lichfield alien

No having them is pathetic they give relegated teams a head start over other league teams which is not fare and just ,cutting your cloth to order should be the norm and not oh you are relegated here's a handout  to help you on your way ,teams breach FFp to compete  with this  and they struggle to do so   and therein is the problem ,No business or company would reward failure so why should football ,and that includes us if we were in the mix

37 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

No having them is pathetic they give relegated teams a head start over other league teams which is not fare and just ,cutting your cloth to order should be the norm and not oh you are relegated here's a handout  to help you on your way ,teams breach FFp to compete  with this  and they struggle to do so   and therein is the problem ,No business or company would reward failure so why should football ,and that includes us if we were in the mix

I'd have accepted it in 2000...

Personally I just don't think it should be given as a blank cheque, it's there to cover existing contracts, not to be used for new expensive signings. The three newly relegated clubs are pretty much in line with that, they've spent but a lot of it has come from what they've recouped. No idea how it would be regulated but I think thats what they should aim for.

FFP definitely needs to be there, clubs have no self control, if they were allowed to lose £100 million over 3 seasons there would still be some pushing it. If it stops owners from pushing it too far and clubs going into administration all the time its a good thing. You only have to go back about 4 years and we'd all have been saying what a good thing FFP was (if it had of been policed properly then) and complaining about any club breaching the limits.

As it's a place of positivity now, none of it really matters as we're going up.

:Chansiri:

14 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

4500 to Wigan 

Around 20k season tickets sold 

The fans are there pal 

I’m not convinced the “casual supporter” will be seen much this year though 

Hope to be proved wrong 

9 hours ago, torres said:

4500 to Wigan 

Around 20k season tickets sold 

The fans are there pal 

I’m not convinced the “casual supporter” will be seen much this year though 

Hope to be proved wrong 

Attending and support aren't the same thing 

Not getting on Palmers back from minute 1 would be a bit like support 

Not booing em off at Half time would be as well 

26 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Since I spent a month in France watching euros in 2016 I’m convinced more than ever that supporting your team unconditionally through thick and thin Elevates them beyond belief. 

The performances from lesser teams like iceland and Ireland vs teams like England was estounding. I’m welsh but attended games of all home countries as well as a few others due to lottery ticket schemes. While watching England not only was I shocked at abuse players got from their own fans, even before kick off, but also shocked that they couldn’t understand a welsh lad cheering England on. 

Players we believe are a lesser standard need more support not less! 

44 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

It’s the tiniest minority that do it 

Why not praise the thousands upon thousands that support the team