Time to sacrifice a star or two

Ok today’s result is still raw but if we really are as poor as some suggest with the defence taking the lions share of criticism then with 45 games still to go and given the financial situation is it time to sacrifice a star player?

We all know Westwood is going but I’m talking trying to recoup 10-20 million with a couple of player sales. 

I know it will hurt like f**k but if we sold Reach and Forestieri say for 15 million plus, might we be able to bring in 4 or 5 good players loans or or permanent transfers and re-build this team?

The only problem we have is now it’s known we are effectively under an embargo, clubs will try and have our pants down for our players. It’s a real mess right now isn’t it?

15 million plus?

Not a chance. 

Not saying Nando isn't worth that, but o doubt anyone would stump up that sort of money.

Clubs will also be fully aware of our financial woes too. 

Sacrifice a star or two and we become a weakened side. We might as well give it a go this season. Selling your best players just shows a lack of ambition and we don't want to risk being even worse than we have been for the last year

12 minutes ago, markjr2401 said:

Sacrifice a star or two and we become a weakened side. We might as well give it a go this season. Selling your best players just shows a lack of ambition and we don't want to risk being even worse than we have been for the last year

This too. 

IF we can, then we need to hang onto Nando, Bannan and so forth. 

15 minutes ago, markjr2401 said:

But if we continue to struggle those players will be worth less inJanuary where we may be effectively giving them away to try and sort us out. 

We are over the FFP limit with serious holes in the squad. Who wants to see Palmer at RB all season?

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

12 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

But if we continue to struggle those players will be worth less inJanuary where we may be effectively giving them away to try and sort us out. 

We are over the FFP limit with serious holes in the squad. Who wants to see Palmer at RB all season?

There is an argument for it, but it would stick in my craw if we ended up selling Forestieri, while subsidising the catalyst for all of this down at Norwich

Reach ain't a star in this team ,just average footballer who looks good with soon of crapp he plays with- £6 million max

Fernando -sell him and might as well give up this season 

Bannan-not a fan but we don't have owt better in midfield ,keep

Lees-we're are shocking enough at back ,keep 

Cash in on reach ,easy replaceable for what he offers ,cheaper players on less wages miles better than  him

23 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Ok today’s result is still raw but if we really are as poor as some suggest with the defence taking the lions share of criticism then with 45 games still to go and given the financial situation is it time to sacrifice a star player?

We all know Westwood is going but I’m talking trying to recoup 10-20 million with a couple of player sales. 

I know it will hurt like f**k but if we sold Reach and Forestieri say for 15 million plus, might we be able to bring in 4 or 5 good players loans or or permanent transfers and re-build this team?

The only problem we have is now it’s known we are effectively under an embargo, clubs will try and have our pants down for our players. It’s a real mess right now isn’t it?

It's a buyer's market and if the rumours are true about the embargo ... 

22 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The two you mention are two we should keep under any circumstances they were ok today. I think we can make do with loan players so do not think loads of dosh required. If Westwood goes we may be ok who knows.

13 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

Reach ain't a star in this team ,just average footballer who looks good with soon of crapp he plays with- £6 million max

Fernando -sell him and might as well give up this season 

Bannan-not a fan but we don't have owt better in midfield ,keep

Lees-we're are shocking enough at back ,keep 

Cash in on reach ,easy replaceable for what he offers ,cheaper players on less wages miles better than  him

Probably this

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Assuming Hooper is not a million miles away then in FF, Nuhiu, Fletcher, Hooper and Joao we are possibly over endowed in attack, certainly balanced against the defence where we're dangerously lacking.

I honestly can see no way out other than wheeling and dealing.  Good player Hooper but I suspect we'd have sacrificed him this window if other clubs thought he was fit.

25 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

selling stars only works with the right recruitment team bringing in replacements,we aint very good at it are we?if we looked at 200 centre halves and ended up with Van Aken,well no more words required imo