Jos Luhukay asked if there's a transfer embargo on live radio just now

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

Because Jos has refused to answer a question you have messed yourself 

And now we are in a relegation fight apparently 

Doooooomed 

Ahhh down to the lowest denomination I see.  Never said we are in a relegation fight. Just that I'd be happy for us to stay up. 

OK was hoping for a nice chat I see your one of those fans. I'm certainly not one of those losing there crap. From your post, I can see you are. 

Enjoy your evening fella. 

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

In we are in an embargo I am really glad I didnt get a multi year season ticket. 

2 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Maybe you're the reason we are in an embargo?? 

Might be £1500 short of breaking even!?

Went into the club shop the other day and there was a bloke asking why his season ticket wan't available. He told them he had bought a 3-year ticket, they checked the system and said he had only purchased a 2-year :carlos: definitely his fault we are in an embargo.

Fair play to him though, as I was leaving it sounded as though he was just saying fair enough and shelling out for a new ticket.

22 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Some honesty from the club would be nice. Especially considering the price of the product this season.

This, for me, is the main issue. If we have problems, then being open, sharing the longer term plan and creating a sense of togetherness is crucial. The current situation, the ticket and membership prices and the silence over FFP suggests we are being treated simply as a way to cover the costs short term. Trouble is, you alienate enough people, there's an atmosphere of negativity, we underachieve on the pitch and no one wins. The chairman needs to make a statement on this asap, the only way we are going to do anything this season is if we feel like we are all pulling in the same direction 

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Went into the club shop the other day and there was a bloke asking why his season ticket wan't available. He told them he had bought a 3-year ticket, they checked the system and said he had only purchased a 2-year :carlos: definitely his fault we are in an embargo.

Fair play to him though, as I was leaving it sounded as though he was just saying fair enough and shelling out for a new ticket.

You must have been in the queue with me cos' I heard that..mind you he pulled a grand out of his pocket and paid for the final year lol 

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

The fan was a complete tw@t to be fair. To repeat the question again and again on live radio was stupid and he was just embarrassing the manager. Mind you he’ll be able to bore his mates in the boozer f**king senseless for a few weeks. 

Oh was it genuine? I assumed he was taking thepiss and doing a Staton impression. Either that or he was on their on behalf of RS 

Edited by Ash76

17 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You must have been in the queue with me cos' I heard that..mind you he pulled a grand out of his pocket and paid for the final year lol 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How did he not know?

lol

Be nice to be in a position where although you think you've paid for something of no small cost, if they tell you that you haven't, rather than arguing the throw you can just say fair enough and pay for it anyway! 

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not like Wednesday fans to start crying over anyone asking Jos a question

ffs

Will add ‘random Wednesday fan’ to the list of sheffield star, Dom Howson, Alan Biggs, jon newsome, rob station etc etc etc etc 

People were planted in the room. No doubt about it. 

• Haha 1

Self imposed embargoes are nothing new - Bert McGee and t'owd Allen were dab hands.

Being skint in terms of recruitment is nothing new at S6.

Having to rely on a few short term loans up until as recently as 3 years ago.

We have some talented players at this club and we have some hungry youngsters who will have an opportunity to make a name for themselves.

Good players will come and go, good players will stay and we have a fitter competitive squad to pick from.

The bed has been well and truly soaked before a ball has been kicked in anger.

You don't have to buy membership or a pro-fit shirt but try and back your team and don't forget supporting Wednesday is always more rewarding when we're written off as being sh.it.

Enjoy your football.

• Thanks 2

Honestly I don't think there is an official embargo. From what I remember Wednesday were one of two clubs (Derby being the other) that received a letter of warning from the FL regarding finances. 

Chansiri is looking at this season and trying to trim the losses to 10m which would keep us within the limit.  This means trimming 10m of cost. 

He'll be waiting to see what happens with Westwood.   If we get him off the books for 1.5m plus his wages I would expect to see us try to bring in 1-2 Prem youngsters on loan in the positions where we are struggling.  RWB and RCB being the obvious areas.