Jos Luhukay asked if there's a transfer embargo on live radio just now

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly and it's the same line we have been saying for the last two and a bit season.

Our best players are not for sale.

Bang on 

Bottom line is even if you have a transfer embargo that means that you would never sell your valued players as you're unable to buy new ones

Those saying that an embargo basically puts our players up for sale - it doesn't  - it's the exact opposite

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly and it's the same line we have been saying for the last two and a bit season.

Our best players are not for sale.

And that's partly why we are in the mess we are. Our reluctance to trade players properly has left us with an aging squad on fat contracts. We should have made wholesale changes after the Huddersfield game. This squad had failed twice, but they were rewarded with new deals, and it all got far too comfy. Carlos gets all the flak, but the players hid last season, and with a couple of notable exceptions, they were a disgrace at times. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

They're having a absolute field day winding each other down to the depths of depression.

lol

They're relentless. God knows what will happen if we lose against Wigan...…………………..

The fan was a complete tw@t to be fair. To repeat the question again and again on live radio was stupid and he was just embarrassing the manager. Mind you he’ll be able to bore his mates in the boozer f**king senseless for a few weeks. 

Guest addedtime
1 hour ago, WatfordOwl said:

Why do our fans always believe there's a conspiracy behind everything that goes on at the club?

It's every club's fans. We are nothing special here at all 

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I bothered when we had Kim Olsen up front and Ola Tidman in goal - I'm a Wednesday fan.

If we had kept hunt or brought in a couple of defenders or at least showed an intent to do so before the season kicks off then I would be optimistic about us having a far better season than last time. As it stands I still thing we could do OK but worryingly things are pointing to us losing more before then end of the window.

I like Joao and FF is a quality player but as is the Wednesday way a spanner has been thrown into the works with the latter.

I think the lines of optimisim and pessimism become blurred as a Wednesday fan - always have in my view of the club at least. lol 

It depends who else we lose before the window closes, if it's Westwood I'm not overly concerned - possibly a big earner and possibly a fee.

On the face of things, it seems like it is the players on the higher salaries that we have looked at trimming from the squad. I was disappointed with Hunt & also the lack of Venancio joining, more so after we let Loovens go at the end of last season.

I agree it's a fair criticism to be leveled at the club for not addressing the shortcomings of the squad defensively in the close season, whether that is down to an embargo or failure to land targets remains to be seen - I'm not sure which would be of more of a concern tbh.

The positive side of me believes that we're moving a few on to give us more scope with wages and to bring some decent loans but again let's see.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

And that's partly why we are in the mess we are. Our reluctance to trade players properly has left us with an aging squad on fat contracts. We should have made wholesale changes after the Huddersfield game. This squad had failed twice, but they were rewarded with new deals, and it all got far too comfy. Carlos gets all the flak, but the players hid last season, and with a couple of notable exceptions, they were a disgrace at times. 

Who knows what the score is. Perhaps some of the good but not best players have always been available for transfer. But the offers put in for them were micky takes.

But I am a fan of the not selling your best players.

All this freshening your squad up malarkey. 

Any team signs 5 new players to freshen things up guarantee 3 of them fans would have wished they hadn't bothered buying.

Everybody seems to think it's brilliant that derby do this almost every season. But it costs them there prized asset every time to pay for it and has it worked for them in the last 5 years. No.

Jos is an alien and Chansiri collected him in his personal UFO that was built somewhere in the star system Zeta Reticuli. Jordan Thorniley is actually a highly developed fungus and Morgan Fox is made of lead. 

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Clubs already know the score at SWFC - nailed on guaranteed

Cant see many coming in for fessi with a racism charge hanging over him

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Jos is an alien and Chansiri collected him in his personal UFO that was built somewhere in the star system Zeta Reticuli. Jordan Thorniley is actually a highly developed fungus and Morgan Fox is made of lead. 

And Matias is made out of biscuits and Abdi jelly.

lol