Flash in the pan.

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Seems like only yesterday we was all buzzing and looking at a real chance of promotion. Trips to Wembley for the play offs and a manager and owner that was desperate for it too. Now just a few months on and the whole place is flat and looking dead in the water. No decent signings, not a lot to get excited about and rival clubs way ahead of us in expectations. Dark days could be here again. 

Chill out about no signings.

It's only the end of July

Edited by poite

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I think people did expect us to be up there after relegation to div one.

When we signed two strikers who had 40odd goals between them the previous season there was talk of the playoffs.

Generally speaking with the exception of CCs second season, our best seasons have come when there’s not been any real expectation at the outset.

Our best seasons were when we got promoted. Under Jack, Wilkinson, Atkinson and Megson/Jones we expected to have good seasons. They weren’t out of the blue unexpected promotions. 

And you clearly expected better  than me re Owusu and Premier League return. It never occurred to me we would get promoted in those seasons.

But each to their own. Don’t pull is all into your misunderstandings about our prospects!

lol

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Are we at least going to get the Wigan game out of the way before we write the season off?

Too right M'Lud, whatever happened to the old backs to the wall and defend this land to the last man.lol

Oh, forgot about Fox and Palmer- we're doomed.lol

Only kidding, we're going up, this is our year.

Edited by Eastleigh Owl
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

nSeems like only yesterday we was all buzzing and looking at a real chance of promotion. Trips to Wembley for the play offs and a manager and owner that was desperate for it too. Now just a few months on and the whole place is flat and looking dead in the water. No decent signings, not a lot to get excited about and rival clubs way ahead of us in expectations. Dark days could be here again. 

What a joke of a thread.

Pick from the following :

1. WUM

2. Pig

3. Ignorant fool

A ball hasn't been kicked yet.

The quality of posts on this forum gets worse and worse.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

16 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Our best seasons were when we got promoted. Under Jack, Wilkinson, Atkinson and Megson/Jones we expected to have good seasons. They weren’t out of the blue unexpected promotions. 

And you clearly expected better  than me re Owusu and Premier League return. It never occurred to me we would get promoted in those seasons.

But each to their own. Don’t pull is all into your misunderstandings about our prospects!

lol

Only one of those seasons was since the millennium which is what I’m referring to. There’s no misunderstanding or making up that we have done better with less expectation but as you say each to their own

Forgive me, but is it mid March 19, and are we struggling to get out of the bottom 3 places?

I was of the impression that we had moved on some of the high-paid underachievers, kept our stars and most of our up-coming talent, have a Head Coach who believes in fitness, and it was the start of a new season.

If we can pick up a some decent points from the early games start then who knows what might happen.

No one expected Cardiff to be up there with their squad but now look at them. If we can get this smaller squad of players fit and really playing well in Jos's style we're capable of being in the mix. The championships a funny league.

If we can pick up a some decent points from the early games start then who knows what might happen.

No one expected Cardiff to be up there with their squad but now look at them. If we can get this smaller squad of players fit and really playing well in Jos's style we're capable of being in the mix. The championships a funny league.

7 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Seems like only yesterday we was all buzzing and looking at a real chance of promotion. Trips to Wembley for the play offs and a manager and owner that was desperate for it too. Now just a few months on and the whole place is flat and looking dead in the water. No decent signings, not a lot to get excited about and rival clubs way ahead of us in expectations. Dark days could be here again. 

Keep your sermons for Sunday's or at least until six or so games into the season

8 hours ago, RevOwl said:

FFS who are all these bedwetters? OT is getting so boring as every thread is doom and gloom because we lost to Mansfield in a friendly.  The thing is you start to believe it is all disaster too after a while. It's only half time but I've just seen us hold our own against one of The better teams in Europe. Why are you all suicidal. The season doesn't start for another  week