Flash in the pan.

Seems like only yesterday we was all buzzing and looking at a real chance of promotion. Trips to Wembley for the play offs and a manager and owner that was desperate for it too. Now just a few months on and the whole place is flat and looking dead in the water. No decent signings, not a lot to get excited about and rival clubs way ahead of us in expectations. Dark days could be here again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don’t believe it’s the start of a dark period, I believe it is a correction that is going to take a couple of seasons to sort out. I think that Chansiri was badly advised from the get go and I think if he had his time again he would have done things very differently and certainly more gradually. 

I believe that is heart and his wallet are in the right place it is just that he is now fighting against the financial fair play debacle and that his hands are tied for the time being. Corrections have to be made and we are in the process of those corrections now. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Seems like only yesterday we was all buzzing and looking at a real chance of promotion. Trips to Wembley for the play offs and a manager and owner that was desperate for it too. Now just a few months on and the whole place is flat and looking dead in the water. No decent signings, not a lot to get excited about and rival clubs way ahead of us in expectations. Dark days could be here again. 

I always look on the bright side of life, be optimistic coming into a new season, after all it could be much worse, you could have been born a pig for instance.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

Ay, all those trips to Wembley who could forget em

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

On the other hand we have a good squad including some potential breakthrough youngsters and an excellent head coach.

I expect a couple of loan signings before the end of the loan window. I'm cautiously optimistic.

1 hour ago, maldino2004 said:

I don’t believe it’s the start of a dark period, I believe it is a correction that is going to take a couple of seasons to sort out. I think that Chansiri was badly advised from the get go and I think if he had his time again he would have done things very differently and certainly more gradually. 

I believe that is heart and his wallet are in the right place it is just that he is now fighting against the financial fair play debacle and that his hands are tied for the time being. Corrections have to be made and we are in the process of those corrections now. 

Well said very well said

1 minute ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I'm quite optimistic. We haven't signed anyone, so? We only need one or two anyway and there's always the loan window.

Lose Bannan or FF and I'll lose some enthusiasm but I'm still expecting top 6 with our current squad

Agreed there some are forgetting that the main bulk of players that got to playoff final under Cc are still here. We’ve removed some deadwood that are off pace yes’s but replaces with enthusiastic youth players. Things boad well for this season. 

So what we haven’t signed anyone but it’s a case of rebuilding and starting again after DC was badly advised. He’s now got some propper people behind scenes and I believe things will turn good. It’s the calm before the storm but the storm of Wednesday will be a good one.

1 hour ago, RevOwl said:

Stop moaning, give the season a chance