There's not much buzz about the Villareal game

1 hour ago, stevewhiterose said:

I'm only going because it's probably going to be one of the few matches I can afford to attend this season!!

Hahaha... yup this exactly. 

Saw the prices and bought a ticket, saw the up and coming league game prices and it's safe to say I won't be going to many.

If I could get a season ticket I would, but work commitments mean I work a lot of weekends.. 

I get that season ticket prices are cheaper but why do on the day tickets have to cost so bloody much!

im going ,and yes never known a pre season like it ,even with no money there was always 2-3 additions , we so much need a couple of fresh younger players on loan ,will it happen? if it don't and we ship out another 2-3 of our better players there is only 1 place we are going this season and that's the trap door to league 1 . remember sunderland last season where tipped to finish around 8-10th they ended up bottom, and our form during the winter had us in 24th place ,we are a much weaker squad now than last season,players have either left or are getting older and well past there best ,the injury list of a much smaller squad will be 6-7 by September  if anybody can be more optimistic about the season im all ears. im stating the way I see things down at swfc  im not waiting to come on here and slag the team off after the wigan game that's not my style. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not seen much discussion at all about the upcoming Villareal friendly on Saturday

Is nobody bothered?

Anyone going?

What do you think the attendance will be?

I won't be going . Dc has my season ticket money but they ain't having any more off me . 

I'm going, but I reckon too many people expected signings and without any yet, there's a worry that we're gonna struggle this coming season.

Plus the continuing price rises. 

Remember that not everyone is aware of the current financial situation, but despite that, I still expected some loans/freebies at the very least.

If we suffer any major injuries early on then we may be in trouble though.

UTO

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not seen much discussion at all about the upcoming Villareal friendly on Saturday

Is nobody bothered?

Anyone going?

What do you think the attendance will be?

Me, l’m going.

Still at the optimistic stage

5 hours ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

My only question is how did the pigs get Inter. That is a bit of a glamour fixture for them

Wilder was on radio Sheffield the am of the game and he was asked the same question by Toby Foster.

Response was the United academy has built a good reputation and as a result the academy side of the club has forged relationships with their Inter counterparts. Shared learning, visits to each others facilities etc.

Subsequently the Inter first team are visiting England this pre season and an opportunity came up for United to play then which they jumped at. 

6 hours ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

My only question is how did the pigs get Inter. That is a bit of a glamour fixture for them

There was an interview with wilder on radio sheffield the other day - their academy has links with inter Milan’s as inter showed interest given number of internationals their academy has produced.

game was arranged on back of that as they were in country playing Chelsea.

Amazed we didn’t make a couple of loan signings at least - couple of young lads from upper end PL teams would have at least sparked some interest.