Breda Video

Thanks for this. Hard to know whether the highlights are biased or if they did have the majority of chances!

Defence looked a bit dodgy, more work to be done on the sharp when there’s a turnover of possession I think. Looked like Hutch was playing a bit further forward than we are used to.

Anyone know who it was with the run and shot on target towards the end of the video? Looked like 40-odd on the back of the shirt.

EDIT: maybe number 42?

Edited by joelswfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Thanks for this. Hard to know whether the highlights are biased or if they did have the majority of chances!

Defence looked a bit dodgy, more work to be done on the sharp when there’s a turnover of possession I think. Looked like Hutch was playing a bit further forward than we are used to.

Anyone know who it was with the run and shot on target towards the end of the video? Looked like 40-odd on the back of the shirt.

EDIT: maybe number 42?

I’m also wondering. Possibly a trialist? 

From those highlights we looked poor at that back, but there’s time to rectify that. 

42 is Matt Penney according to the OS.

It seemed to me players were taking more of a risk with dribbling out and cross field balls that led to there attacks, not sure it would be happening in proper games.

1 hour ago, ChichesterOwl said:

Nice one! Clear from that there is a lot of work to be done. Our defending at times was poor, wing backs letting everything through.. If they could finish it would have been about 7-1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

Defence looks shaky

Answers the question of ‘why play a behind closed doors friendly?’  

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

We have Palmer and Boyd playing as wing backs of course our defence is going to look shaky.

completely agree. The spine of the team is strong with Westwood, Lees, Bannan and Forestieri. But our wings backs are nowhere near good enough. I’m really worried about this going into the new season. Palmer, Boyd, Fox etc. He may play Reach there, but that won’t work either because he’s good going forward but he cannot defend and tackles like a Boy Scout.

pretty sure Jos will know we need to strengthen here, just hope we can bring some decent players in for these positions..

1 hour ago, Maltby owl83 said:

This is clearly their highlights real from the game. Don't get me wrong it looked poor at times but if it's their highlights it certainly won't show our best bits apart from the goal. Wouldn't read too much from it. 

There was however, enough evidence to show the defence looked poor and against a decent forward line we'd have struggled. 

Too many crosses allowed in from the right and poor marking in front of goal.

Edited by Beauchief Owl