Breda Video

9 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Great if Penney got a run out. Supposed to be very talented. Could he be the long-term solution at LWB?

How long term are we talking. Will he be left wing back this season. No. Believe that will be Reach and Boyd.

2 hours ago, BFR said:

42 is Matt Penney according to the OS.

1 hour ago, owlerton said:

It is Abdi apparently. Good spot! 

BFR is right, 42 is Penney.  Abdi was 41, but has swapped this year and is now 22.  His old 41 has been taken by Jack Lee. 

19 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Penney is good enough to play LWB now. He's the best out of the U23 bunch from what I have seen over the last couple of years (with the exception of Hirst).

Penney be lucky to get cup games this season. Would have said Preston probably been the most impressive of those who haven't broken through already.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Penney be lucky to get cup games this season. Would have said Preston probably been the most impressive of those who haven't broken through already.

For couple of years Penney has been ready to get into our first team squad. It is travesty that he didn't make his Wednesday debut by now.

Hope that Jos will give him chance, if not then I hope he will go out on loan to Crewe who are in the need of a new left back.

Accepting that it was a pre-season friendly and behind closed doors, - the defence still looked wide open and a side with strikers who could finish to a reasonable standard would have had at least 5 goals.  As others have said - a great deal of work still to be done.

2 hours ago, Shezza said:

Great if Penney got a run out. Supposed to be very talented. Could he be the long-term solution at LWB?

He didn't.

In my opinion he is the best of youngsters at the club, and only one capable of making spot in our starting 11 his own.

Norwich could have scored 4-5 goals against us at S6 on the last day, but that’s football. We took our chances coz our players were better. Jos will know we need a new central defender and right wing back despite what he says to the media. A friendly match on a training ground isn’t worth worrying about, how the team and defence do on Tuesday night in a stadium with supporters will be more telling

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Norwich could have scored 4-5 goals against us at S6 on the last day, but that’s football. We took our chances coz our players were better. Jos will know we need a new central defender and right wing back despite what he says to the media. A friendly match on a training ground isn’t worth worrying about, how the team and defence do on Tuesday night in a stadium with supporters will be more telling

Does that mean whatever Jos says we simply dismiss?

16 minutes ago, malek said:

For couple of years Penney has been ready to get into our first team squad. It is travesty that he didn't make his Wednesday debut by now.

Hope that Jos will give him chance, if not then I hope he will go out on loan to Crewe who are in the need of a new left back.

He had a loan spells at Bradford and Mansfield was it that didn't go to well. Failed to even make there match day squad most of the time if I remember rightly. Hope he does prove me wrong but like Stobbs I just not sure he can cut it at a top club week in week out at anything other than reserve team football. 

Been crying out for a left back/wing back for seasons ain't we. Where he been.? 

Like I said hope he proves me wrong. but I just feel we may be setting ourselves up for a fall the same way we believed Hirst Jr was gonna be the next big thing here.