Breda Video

Just now, pazowl55 said:

He had a loan spells at Bradford and Mansfield was it that didn't go to well. Failed to even make there match day squad most of the time if I remember rightly. Hope he does prove me wrong but like Stobbs I just not sure he can cut it at a top club week in week out at anything other than reserve team football. 

Been crying out for a left back/wing back for seasons ain't we. Where he been.? 

Like I said hope he proves me wrong. but I just feel we may be setting ourselves up for a fall the same way we believed Hirst Jr was gonna be the next big thing here.

And our club should be questioned abot how and why they sent him out to those clubs...

Bradford brought him in as cover in case their player of the year, and League One best XI left back gets injured. He didn't and Penney didn't get to play.

Evans at Mansfield supposedly rated him very highly, went on record saying how he wanted to intgrate him in their line up gradualy before giving him big part to play in their push for promotion.

Evans left for Peterborough and Flitcroft (who got reputation of not trusting youngsters) came in with squad of over 30 of their own senior players to pick from. No surprised he didn't get to play under him in my opinion.

However I'm sure that Jos will give him chance to prove what a good player Matt Penney is.

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

BFR is right, 42 is Penney.  Abdi was 41, but has swapped this year and is now 22.  His old 41 has been taken by Jack Lee. 

Playing with last season's numbers at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, malek said:

And our club should be questioned abot how and why they sent him out to those clubs...

Bradford brought him in as cover in case their player of the year, and League One best XI left back gets injured. He didn't and Penney didn't get to play.

Evans at Mansfield supposedly rated him very highly, went on record saying how he wanted to intgrate him in their line up gradualy before giving him big part to play in their push for promotion.

Evans left for Peterborough and Flitcroft (who got reputation of not trusting youngsters) came in with squad of over 30 of their own senior players to pick from. No surprised he didn't get to play under him in my opinion.

However I'm sure that Jos will give him chance to prove what a good player Matt Penney is.

Hope he gets a chance to prove what he can do., but he would still be 3rd choice behind Reach and Boyd for me and I will be surprised if Jos thinks otherwise.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Hope he gets a chance to prove what he can do., but he would still be 3rd choice behind Reach and Boyd for me and I will be surprised if Jos thinks otherwise.

Personally I would be surprised if he gets a chance, and don't prove that at lb/lwb he is currently our best option.

35 minutes ago, Watson said:

Does that mean whatever Jos says we simply dismiss?

Its pretty standard practice for managers to dismiss transfer talk and say he’s happy with what he’s got, especially if we want to make it seem we are broke. It helps with transfer negotiations so people like Posh don’t think we have millions to spend on their players - which obviously we don’t due to ffp but we have something in the kitty 

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Its pretty standard practice for managers to dismiss transfer talk and say he’s happy with what he’s got, especially if we want to make it seem we are broke. It helps with transfer negotiations so people like Posh don’t think we have millions to spend on their players - which obviously we don’t due to ffp but we have something in the kitty 

Doesn't really answer my question but thanks for taking the time to reply.

I know its preseason...but that video concerns me greatly. Defensively we look a shambles. Dragged all over by a very average side. So vulnerable on the counter. 

But, that's what pre-season is all about I suppose, fine tuning these aspects. Cannot afford to be so chaotic organisationally when the season kicks off good and proper. 

However, Nuhiu looking sharp again. Took his goal well and got himself in the right area for the goal that was ruled offside. 

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Spot on, Jos is shrewd enough to know you don’t say you’re looking to sign players to the media, just deny it all and let Meire do the dirty work behind the scenes 

15 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I remember when we won all our pre-season games in the year we lost the opening 6 games. All that matters is Aug 4th

Not sure if it was the same summer but I remember when we were league 1 and beat Newcastle 4-3 and thought we were going to be amazing. We ended up with the lowest placing in recent history and Newcastle finished 3rd in the premier league or something. Friendlies aren’t for worrying about, I doubt our players were trying that hard in a closed door friendly in what was a glorified park 

5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Well from that I realised Abdi is actually fit enough to play in a match.

Also think we may line up in wingbacks like this.

Palmer   Lees  Pudil  Thornley  Reach.

Which one was abdi, it wasn't 42, if tou thought that, it was penny.

Never understood people buying too much into performances in pre-season - none of us on here know what the players work load has been running up to this game (and any other game). Seen teams win promotion with poo pre-seasons and vice versa. 

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

I know its preseason...but that video concerns me greatly. Defensively we look a shambles. Dragged all over by a very average side. So vulnerable on the counter. 

Lincoln highlights appeared the same too 

5 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

completely agree. The spine of the team is strong with Westwood, Lees, Bannan and Forestieri. But our wings backs are nowhere near good enough. I’m really worried about this going into the new season. Palmer, Boyd, Fox etc. He may play Reach there, but that won’t work either because he’s good going forward but he cannot defend and tackles like a Boy Scout.

pretty sure Jos will know we need to strengthen here, just hope we can bring some decent players in for these positions..

it would make more sense to stick Reach LWB and Boyd RWB

• Haha 1

Wouldn't be too worried...but we did look a bit sloppy at times. 

Some wayward passing into the middle of the pitch, which is pretty basic stuff. 

Breda are in the Eredvise (Holland's top division)? 

So they'll be of a reasonable standard, certainly good enough to give a Championship side a decent game.