Breda Video

16 hours ago, Kevan said:

Accepting that it was a pre-season friendly and behind closed doors, - the defence still looked wide open and a side with strikers who could finish to a reasonable standard would have had at least 5 goals.  As others have said - a great deal of work still to be done.

And you concluded all this from a 4 minute 13 second “highlights” video produced by our opponents?

The OT bed wetters & wrist slashers are all out howling at the moon tonight!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

completely agree. The spine of the team is strong with Westwood, Lee, Bannan and Forestieri. But our wings backs are nowhere near good enough. I’m really worried about this going into the new season. Palmer, Boyd, Fox etc. He may play Reach there, but that won’t work either because he’s good going forward but he cannot defend and tackles like a Boy Scout.

pretty sure Jos will know we need to strengthen here, just hope we can bring some decent players in for these positions..

Proven to be too lightweight in C/M/F in the past 2 seasons.

Edited by adelphi1867

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

At the risk at putting my neck on the line, I have to say Dawson looks a lot more confident and assured in dealing with shots and crosses than Wildsmith does.

Not putting your neck on the line at all should be first choice for me.

23 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Thanks for this. Hard to know whether the highlights are biased or if they did have the majority of chances!

Defence looked a bit dodgy, more work to be done on the sharp when there’s a turnover of possession I think. Looked like Hutch was playing a bit further forward than we are used to.

Anyone know who it was with the run and shot on target towards the end of the video? Looked like 40-odd on the back of the shirt.

EDIT: maybe number 42?

The highlights were from NAC TV, so I think the production is aimed at a specific audience - people they want to sell match tickets to.

For me, they only looked really dangerous twice. Once was the first half through ball where the striker rolled the ball past the post. The second was the second half free kick that came back off the bar. Headers from floated crosses from 8+ yards out are not going to trouble a keeper too often. And we created a couple of very good chances late in the clip (including the disallowed goal). 

44 minutes ago, Busyowl said:

Many times!

Can't say I've seen him that many times, but watched him play constantly ever since as a 15 years old when he was one of precious few who held his own in youth cup against Chelsea, watched him make his league debut for Bradford, as well as for U-23's last season. For me progress he made each season was evident. Guys in the game I asked about him said that his work ethic is 2'nd to none in our U-23's, as he is always first in, and last off the training ground, putting lot of work in the gym to make himself ready for demands of 1'st team football as well.

Edited by malek

8 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

So why wont any manager give him 1st team football?

probably because they believe they have better options …..those that champion penney probably think they don't but it's the bloke who picks the team who gets it in the neck when they lose so he's going to go with who he thinks is the best bet to get him a result …..

On 24/07/2018 at 00:19, coopswfc76 said:

So why wont any manager give him 1st team football?

He was sent out to Mansfield just before/when JL arrived. Then Mansfield had a manager change and Penney wasn't used.

I've no doubt had he stayed he would have played along with the other U23 players who were given a chance. Hopefully he gets his chance this season. Seen many U23 games and he stands out a mile.

Edited by mark77