If hooper and fletcher are not goin to be fit..

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Atdhe is going to surprise a few people this season with his recently found confidence. 15-20 goals I reckon.

With the confidence he should have after last season i agree, he will be a huge force to be reckoned with.

• Like 1

Hasn't there been a thread on here recently that Fletcher had gone to a Portuguese side, or did he get injured there?

As for the idea of a 20-a-year striker - one rather interesting fact came out of the recent World Cup. England's Harry Kane won the Golden Boot, and we finished FOURTH. I believe it was Croatia who had no fewer than TEN goalscorers. We have played for far too long with the ball in the area, and attempting to get it to our quasi centre-forward. Lots of the teams at the world cup were prepared to have a go from 20-30 yards, and did not rely on ONE man to score the goals. We have potential strikers throughout the team. I'm thinking mainly of bannan and Reach, but there are others. And Bannan , in particular, has a powerful shot on him provided he can hit the net! Unfortunately, his shooting , from anywhere , has become very woeful, something I'm sure that Jos has spotted and is working on.It's the one part of his game that lets him down. 

34 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

So you think he is good enough for Cardiff but not good enough for us :duntmatter:

I think he’s in their plans as playing in preseason but isn’t in ours. Whether he is good enough for either I’d suggest not. 

36 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Hasn't there been a thread on here recently that Fletcher had gone to a Portuguese side, or did he get injured there?

As for the idea of a 20-a-year striker - one rather interesting fact came out of the recent World Cup. England's Harry Kane won the Golden Boot, and we finished FOURTH. I believe it was Croatia who had no fewer than TEN goalscorers. We have played for far too long with the ball in the area, and attempting to get it to our quasi centre-forward. Lots of the teams at the world cup were prepared to have a go from 20-30 yards, and did not rely on ONE man to score the goals. We have potential strikers throughout the team. I'm thinking mainly of bannan and Reach, but there are others. And Bannan , in particular, has a powerful shot on him provided he can hit the net! Unfortunately, his shooting , from anywhere , has become very woeful, something I'm sure that Jos has spotted and is working on.It's the one part of his game that lets him down. 

Pathanaikos, a Greek club were interested in him then baulked at his personal demands.

There’s been a suggestion he is on a decent wage here for a Championship striker.

Madine was very effective for Bolton last year in this league, in a team that relied on long ball and basically scrapping for every ball.

It masked his limitations.

Colin signed him, started him a few games but then he wasn’t in the starting 11.

He won’t play in the Premier League and if Cardiff have signed other strikers could well end up on loan.

It will either be back to Bolton with  Cardiff using premier money to subsidise his wages or one of the managers who like that kind of player, Pulis, Rowett and can afford to have him as back up.

He could well be a back up option for United given the Warnock connection.

Guest Maxine
13 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

For the start of the campaign..madine on loan is a no brainer

lollolthnk before you post p issed.

18 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

ok, I'm going to pretend this is a serious question...

Even without Fletch and Hooper we have Nuhiu and Joao who finished the season superbly, Forestieri, Matias, Winnall coming  back and Borukov looking to make a breakthrough. Why on earth would we sign Gary Madine?

^^^^

joao running the channels and giving nuhiu space to bang in the goals has already been proven to work

that completely ignores the fact that we have two quality strikers in hooper and fletcher

why madine?

11 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Matias lol..let’s have a sweepstake to see how many goals Matias hoops and fletch will contribute this season..il go first...7

I am gonna be bold and say in all competitions all get at least 7 each.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

ok, I'm going to pretend this is a serious question...

Even without Fletch and Hooper we have Nuhiu and Joao who finished the season superbly, Forestieri, Matias, Winnall coming  back and Borukov looking to make a breakthrough. Why on earth would we sign Gary Madine?

It's a no brainer Richard so you'll need someone with no brains to give the answer to that one!