If hooper and fletcher are not goin to be fit..

21 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Hasn't there been a thread on here recently that Fletcher had gone to a Portuguese side, or did he get injured there?

As for the idea of a 20-a-year striker - one rather interesting fact came out of the recent World Cup. England's Harry Kane won the Golden Boot, and we finished FOURTH. I believe it was Croatia who had no fewer than TEN goalscorers. We have played for far too long with the ball in the area, and attempting to get it to our quasi centre-forward. Lots of the teams at the world cup were prepared to have a go from 20-30 yards, and did not rely on ONE man to score the goals. We have potential strikers throughout the team. I'm thinking mainly of bannan and Reach, but there are others. And Bannan , in particular, has a powerful shot on him provided he can hit the net! Unfortunately, his shooting , from anywhere , has become very woeful, something I'm sure that Jos has spotted and is working on.It's the one part of his game that lets him down. 

Think B.B. should try to pass the ball into the net rather than strike it. Probably has a rush of blood when he is in a scoring position, thinks he is back in the circus and try’s his old midget trick of kicking himself in the head. Occupants of Row Z take cover! 

Anything other than a Joao-Nuhiu-Forestieri frontline in August would have been barmy. They were magnificent in April.

Hooper and Fletcher will have their time, but it shouldn’t have been at the start of the season.