Squad Numbers!!!!!!!

Guest LittleG
6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dave Jones no 3 does that mean he will be playing full back next season as 2 and 3 traditionally are the fulls backs, Barry Bannan 10 - so must be upfront. I am a traditionalist with squad numbers you best players should be first 11.

Goal Keeper (1)

Left back (2) Centre back (5) Centre Back (6) Right Back (£)

Left wing (8) defensive central midfield (4), central midfield playmaker (11), right wing (7)

Striker (9), Striker (10) 

If you are a traditionalist then Right back should be 2, left back 3 and left wing 11

Just to wind people up i wish they were given total free reign and can have up to 999 and have three numbers if they wish. But they would need new 4th official boards and subs would take 5 minutes. So up to 99 then.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

If you are a traditionalist then Right back should be 2, left back 3 and left wing 11

Chris Waddle was left wing and No 8 for us as was Chris Brunt No 8 left wing.

I will give you the fulls back though i got them the wrong way round.

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Brunt was 15 and then 11 from my recollection.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

You can't pick and choose the era to be traditionalist. Going back to when the players were numbered 1-11, left wing was always no. 11

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dave Jones no 3 does that mean he will be playing full back next season as 2 and 3 traditionally are the fulls backs, Barry Bannan 10 - so must be upfront. I am a traditionalist with squad numbers you best players should be first 11.

Goal Keeper (1)

Left wing (8) defensive central midfield (4), central midfield playmaker (11), right wing (7)

Agreed but 11 & 8 are wrong way around. 

24 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Just to wind people up i wish they were given total free reign and can have up to 999 and have three numbers if they wish. But they would need new 4th official boards and subs would take 5 minutes. So up to 99 then.

Well, that was a rollercoaster.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, LittleG said:

You can't pick and choose the era to be traditionalist. Going back to when the players were numbered 1-11, left wing was always no. 11

I grew up watching CHris Waddle, David Hirst and John Sheridan to me this is my era so to me Chrissy Waddle was the greatest number 8 we ever had and he played left wing, David Hirst a striker was number 9.

If this does not match to some other period in time I really don't care.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Goal Keeper (1)

4 and 8 in the middle, 11 is left wing surely.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I grew up watching CHris Waddle, David Hirst and John Sheridan to me this is my era so to me Chrissy Waddle was the greatest number 8 we ever had and he played left wing, David Hirst a striker was number 9.

If this does not match to some other period in time I really don't care.

Good for you but you can't call the 90's as being a traditionalist era. It might seem like that to you but it certainly wasn't.

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Goal Keeper (1)

i think they need to just stick to numbers for now. If you start offering out £ pound signs, Pogba will have an emoji, someone will want a hashtag #.... 

just seems like you’re opening a can of worms 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1