Jack Hunt statistics

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I read somewhere that Jack Hunt had a really poor record of assists from crosses - does anyone have the definitive stats of goals scored from Jack Hunt crosses?

Also how many did we concede from failing to stop a cross...plenty i bet

I thought I didn't remember a Palmer assist from a corner, but it's apparently the one where he played to Nuhiu who then proceeded to score that worldy against Preston at home. Not sure I'd personally call that an assist.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

I thought I didn't remember a Palmer assist from a corner, but it's apparently the one where he played to Nuhiu who then proceeded to score that worldy against Preston at home. Not sure I'd personally call that an assist.

Pretty sure that one of Hunt's was a 60 yard punt downfield that Joao collected and scored from. Works both ways

I think irregardless, the fact that both of our main RB's have featured in a total of 235 games between them and have only managed 6 assists from crosses between them (according to whoscored) is borderline criminal in the modern game where fullbacks provide a lot of attacking threat. It's taken on average 39 games for one of our right backs to deliver a cross that directy results in a goal. I know it isn't the fairest of stats because it doesn't take into account flick-ons etc... but that still sounds quite damning. Maybe a comparison with other Champ RB's would be useful to get an idea of whether that's a fair return or not... it sure doesn't sound it mind. 

• Like 1

How many crosses did Jack Hunt attempt in every game that went over the heads of everybody, about 26? He was infuriating (he's still better at crossing than Liam Palmer though)

For an attacking fullback / wingback, no goals scored in 6 years is pretty poor as well.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Pretty sure that one of Hunt's was a 60 yard punt downfield that Joao collected and scored from. Works both ways

I think irregardless, the fact that both of our main RB's have featured in a total of 235 games between them and have only managed 6 assists from crosses between them (according to whoscored) is borderline criminal in the modern game where fullbacks provide a lot of attacking threat. It's taken on average 39 games for one of our right backs to deliver a cross that directy results in a goal. I know it isn't the fairest of stats because it doesn't take into account flick-ons etc... but that still sounds quite damning. Maybe a comparison with other Champ RB's would be useful to get an idea of whether that's a fair return or not... it sure doesn't sound it mind. 

I'm certainly not wanting to hold Palmer's record up to Hunt's as though Hunt's assist record is the standard that he ought to aspire to.

Like you say, neither has a record of assists that is good enough. 

4 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

How does this compare to Pudil? and other full-backs in the Champ? 

Hunt has 8-9 assist for 3 years..

Barry Douglas at Wolves had 14 just last season.

Fredricks of Fulham had 9 last season.

Knudsen at Ipswitch, scored 1, with 7 assists last season.

Season before:
Tom Smith of Huddersfield got 5 goals and 8 assists.

Yedlin of Newcastle 1 goal, 6 assists.
Doherty of Wolves 4 goals, 6 assists.
Cunningham of Preston 1 goals. 5 assists.

Season before:
Byran at Bristol 3 goals, 7 assists.
Taylor of Leeds 1 goal, 7 assists.
Friend at Boro 1 goal, 6 assists.

Elmohamady at Hull, 3 goals, 6 assists.

Cotterill at Brum 4 goals, 6 assists.

So basically.. In 3 years Hunt's has accumulated the stats that a good fullback would get in one year..

• Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, fpowl said:

So we’re saying 3 from 100 appearances

Seems pretty poor contribution for an attacking full back / Wing back 3% 

anyone got palmers for comparison 

Guessing they will be much Lower down the page. :ph34r: