Rhodes to Norwich

46 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I'll be dragging my twin axle caravan down that way tomorrow but dropping short to Cromer. Just when there's a heatwave due as well.

Love Cromer , enjoy , I was trying to book for a couple of days next week but struggling to find a decent price most places £100 a night minimum !! 

11 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Well, if you are hell bent on getting rid of strikers, then it would be winnall.

Followed by Fletcher..

I’m not hell bent on any particular position, but it’s evident we need to move players out rather than collect them.

Winnall has ACL damage and Fletcher has yet to return from the same so I can’t see them moving either. 

Id see Abdi, Westwood, Rhodes, FF and Bannan as the most likely saleable players. The latter are arguably the most important to us.

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I’m not hell bent on any particular position, but it’s evident we need to move players out rather than collect them.

Winnall has ACL damage and Fletcher has yet to return from the same so I can’t see them moving either. 

Id see Abdi, Westwood, Rhodes, FF and Bannan as the most likely saleable players. The latter are arguably the most important to us.

I didn't know Fletcher had ACL surgery. 

It was like he just vanished. 

Looks like he is back running with the rest of the croks though so hopefully he is fit for August or September. 

4 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

It's a loan.

It would make no sense at all to sell him due to FFP. Hopefully we get a decent % out of Norwich for his wages.

Yep only a loan would make sense, £1m upfront with 100% of his wages paid and a cut price full transfer on offer at end of season to tempt them in is what I’d be hoping for.

10 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I didn't know Fletcher had ACL surgery. 

It was like he just vanished. 

Looks like he is back running with the rest of the croks though so hopefully he is fit for August or September. 

I could be wrong but it must’ve been one of the ligaments in the knee he had been nursing as he was more or less out for the season. 

Money shouldn't be an issue really for Norwich. Not only have they sold Maddison they also sold Murphy to Cardiff for big bucks. 

Rhodes looks absolutely shot as a player at S6, defenders loved playing against him. For whatever reason it's not worked and I can't see it working so if him leaving means that BB and FF stay then it's worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Love Cromer , enjoy , I was trying to book for a couple of days next week but struggling to find a decent price most places £100 a night minimum !! 

Try AIrBnB

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

What makes you think I live in Pontefract? 

The "financial issues" of which you speak, are open to question and are open to differing interpretations.

Unless you have genuine, inside knowledge, I doubt you know the true situation, with regard to club finances.

If you do have inside knowledge,  I would be very grateful, if you would give us all, the benefit of this knowledge.

However, my original point still stands.

To sell or Loan out Jordan Rhodes, will not be a wise move for the club.

The other strikers at the club will not be available for the whole season.

Injuries will occur,  I can assure you of that !

I'm  sick of being in the second division of English Football and want to get out as soon as possible.

To do that, we need to keep our best players !

If you don’t know the financial situation then how can you be so sure that it wouldn’t be wise to get rid of Rhodes? We might be utterly screwed if we don’t get rid of him - you don’t know, by your own admission.

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

If it is as simple as you say, then can you explain why there are so many different interpretations, as to the financial situation at the club.

Because people think "Our chairman is loaded, its not a prob", or "stuff FFP, they're struggling to enforce it". In our reality, the chairman is wanting to play by the rules. The rules are we can lose £39 over 3 seasons. We've lost 3.9, 9.7 and 20.7 in the 3 seasons we're aware of (upto 2017) - all good. However, its a rolling 3 years and we don't know how it stacks up for 2018, but we made no sales? Took on extra wages etc, so how is 9.7 + 20.7 + 2018 losses are going to be lower than £39m without making cuts. We need to cut back or throw caution to the wind.

I understand the football league will have already been told how we plan on meeting the £39m cut off point in order to have avoided some kind of punishment.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

If you don’t know the financial situation then how can you be so sure that it wouldn’t be wise to get rid of Rhodes? We might be utterly screwed if we don’t get rid of him - you don’t know, by your own admission.

I'm not claiming to know.

My reply was to those who do claim to know the financial position of the club.

And have decided to sacrifice Jordan Rhodes, as a consequence. 

Facts are preferrrable to guesswork in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Because people think "Our chairman is loaded, its not a prob", or "stuff FFP, they're struggling to enforce it". In our reality, the chairman is wanting to play by the rules. The rules are we can lose £39 over 3 seasons. We've lost 3.9, 9.7 and 20.7 in the 3 seasons we're aware of (upto 2017) - all good. However, its a rolling 3 years and we don't know how it stacks up for 2018, but we made no sales? Took on extra wages etc, so how is 9.7 + 20.7 + 2018 losses are going to be lower than £39m without making cuts. We need to cut back or throw caution to the wind.

I understand the football league will have already been told how we plan on meeting the £39m cut off point in order to have avoided some kind of punishment.

9.7 + 20.7 + 2018 losses doesn't bode well, however these are the full accounts & not the ones presented to the EFL for FFP purposes where academy & infrastructure improvement costs can be discounted.

Unfortunately we don't know what the figures presented to the EFL are though I can't imagine that the academy & infrastructure is going to take a massive chunk out of the reported annual accounts.

47 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

I'm not claiming to know.

My reply was to those who do claim to know the financial position of the club.

And have decided to sacrifice Jordan Rhodes, as a consequence. 

Facts are preferrrable to guesswork in my opinion. 

I know you’re not claiming to know. So if you don’t know how can you say selling him would not be wise? Surely you’ve no more idea than those who say it would be wise.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I know you’re not claiming to know. So if you don’t know how can you say selling him would not be wise? Surely you’ve no more idea than those who say it would be wise.

In my opinion, from a footballing perspective it would be highly unwise to sell Jordan Rhodes.

And I have not been convinced that the club is in such a dangerous financial situation that we have to sell our best players.

Of course, I don't know for certain.

Only a very few, know the true financial situation at the club.

I take your point though.

The club might be in such a bad way that they end up selling the entire first team squad.

Lock stock and Barrell, so to speak.

But I don't think so.

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

£30 a night with our caravan lol

You do the maths......

Edited by The Dukeries Owl
  • Like 1