England formation : Wednesday formation?

I've seen the formation and system that Gareth Southgate deploys for England described in lots of different ways: 3-5-2, 3-1-4-2 or 3-3-4 for example.

But essentialy its: a back three | two wing backs | one holding midfielder | two "free eights" (attacking central midfielders to you and me | one number ten buzzing around a proper striker.

Could this be very similar to what Wednesday deploy next season?  A back three with wing backs is pretty certain, in midfield we can have Hutch or Pelupessy sitting, with Banna/Reach/Lee etc bombing forward next to them, then up front Fessi as a free number ten playing off Big Dave.

What you think? 

10 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I've seen the formation and system that Gareth Southgate deploys for England described in lots of different ways: 3-5-2, 3-1-4-2 or 3-3-4 for example.

But essentialy its: a back three | two wing backs | one holding midfielder | two "free eights" (attacking central midfielders to you and me | one number ten buzzing around a proper striker.

Could this be very similar to what Wednesday deploy next season?  A back three with wing backs is pretty certain, in midfield we can have Hutch or Pelupessy sitting, with Banna/Reach/Lee etc bombing forward next to them, then up front Fessi as a free number ten playing off Big Dave.

What you think? 

What should we do with the other six strikers

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It could work, but I thought England lacked ideas, and the ability to unlock the defence, apart from the first 20 mins 

They do though, have Harry Kane

Shows the value of a Forestieri. England don’t have a Forestieri, relatively speaking.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

We need a Loftus-Cheek type of player, but that's no surprise. We've needed one for years. 

I don’t think we do. We will play for of a 343 ala Chelsea title winning with a main striker and two playing freely off him.

Not saying loftus-cheek type player would

be detrimental but I feel we’re more likely to go with Forestieri Matias Joao off Nuhiu 

I don’t know why they didn’t play him, they lack creativity in the middle of the park

Not sure we need a player like that though, not the way we play Think England can get away with it because of how prolific Kane is We almost need a front three to achieve a similar goals output, and with three at the back, the midfield two have to be battlers As Sonny mentioned, our creativity comes from Forestieri

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I don’t think we do. We will play for of a 343 ala Chelsea title winning with a main striker and two playing freely off him.

Not saying loftus-cheek type player would

be detrimental but I feel we’re more likely to go with Forestieri Matias Joao off Nuhiu 

I think Jos will switch between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 depending on the occasion/opposition. We lack drive and power through the middle. In a midfield 5 or as a 10 in a front 3, RLC is hard to stop when he bombs forward. 

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Shows the value of a Forestieri. England don’t have a Forestieri, relatively speaking.

i remember how bad we looked before he signed, and whenever he was out injured, or suspended for 'diving' when someone had just 'done him', or attempted to hack him in half, and one of our outstanding guardians of the rules of the game had stepped in and given the results of their finely tuned judgement.

If we're going to play that way next season or mix it up a bit, which it seems likely. Then I think we need to offload quite a few players but keep Forestieri. We're most effective playing that way with Nuhiu up top and Forestieri in behind or in a free role.

I'd say we need a wing back or two; plus a centre back or two, a Hourihane type and another dynamic Forestieri type player to really get the most out of those type of formations you mentioned. But will we be able to keep Forestieri, offload a few others and strengthen those mentioned areas by bringing in a bit more physicality, pace and creativity?

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It could work, but I thought England lacked ideas, and the ability to unlock the defence, apart from the first 20 mins 

They do though, have Harry Kane

Just the 7 very good chances, 2 blatant penalties and 2 Goals to boot.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

If we're going to play that way next season or mix it up a bit, which it seems likely. Then I think we need to offload quite a few players but keep Forestieri. We're most effective playing that way with Nuhiu up top and Forestieri in behind or in a free role.

I'd say we need a wing back or two; plus a centre back or two, a Hourihane type and another dynamic Forestieri type player to really get the most out of those type of formations you mentioned. But will we be able to keep Forestieri, offload a few others and strengthen those mentioned areas by bringing in a bit more physicality, pace and creativity?

Who ? 

I think the ones we need to offload 

Are on contracts / wages no other club 

Will accommodate for them 

Or they are worth a great deal less than what we paid for them.

Been churned up umpteen times on here mate .

This is not an option presently unless we --

Pay off contracts or mug another club in broad daylight .

Offloading will only cost us money mate not make money ...