England formation : Wednesday formation?

15 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Who ? 

I think the ones we need to offload 

Are on contracts / wages no other club 

Will accommodate for them 

Or they are worth a great deal less than what we paid for them.

Been churned up umpteen times on here mate .

This is not an option presently unless we --

Pay off contracts or mug another club in broad daylight .

Offloading will only cost us money mate not make money ...

Sad but true

I think Jos will start the new season with pretty much the same squad that finished the last

The difference being (hopefully) they'll all be a lot fitter

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I've seen the formation and system that Gareth Southgate deploys for England described in lots of different ways: 3-5-2, 3-1-4-2 or 3-3-4 for example.

But essentialy its: a back three | two wing backs | one holding midfielder | two "free eights" (attacking central midfielders to you and me | one number ten buzzing around a proper striker.

Could this be very similar to what Wednesday deploy next season?  A back three with wing backs is pretty certain, in midfield we can have Hutch or Pelupessy sitting, with Banna/Reach/Lee etc bombing forward next to them, then up front Fessi as a free number ten playing off Big Dave.

What you think? 

a lot depends on  who the wing backs are …….if you have reach in the centre then that leaves fox or maybe pudil on the left ….hunt is prone to injury so that leaves palmer or possibly baker on the right to fill in . ……….I like the system it's the personnel that worries me .

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Sad but true

I think Jos will start the new season with pretty much the same squad that finished the last

The difference being (hopefully) they'll all be a lot fitter

This is so true.

There is more than enough in that existing squad to play any formation the manager wants to play.

The priority has to be on fitness first and then the proper recovery from the routine type of injuries that happen through a season.

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Who ? 

Way too sensible mate

Different login or summat :stuwinky:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Who ? 

Yeah that's the trouble of bringing in so many players when Carlos was here and too many experienced and injury prone players. I was of the opinion before Jos revived us that we needed a mass clear-out but then Jos brought through the youngsters and also got more out of previous fringe players and a couple of key players returned.

The squad seems bloated still to me but it's encouraging how we finished last season and the youngsters brought into the squad. It will be difficult to rebuild and to offload players we need to trim from the squad. But selling our key players and keeping those players we can't get rid of won't improve us, as in order to get better and progress, you need to freshen things up but also improve upon what you've already got.

Unless Jos can find some bargains and get some gems on loan, it will be extremely difficult to replace any of our key players if they leave or to bring in what we need whether they're sold or not.  

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

1 minute ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yeah that's the trouble of bringing in so many players when Carlos was here and too many experienced and injury prone players. I was of the opinion before Jos revived us that we needed a mass clear-out but then His brought through the youngsters and also got more out of previous fringe players and a couple of key players returned. The squad seems bloated still to me but it's encouraging how we finished last season and the youngsters brought into the squad. It will be difficult to rebuild and to offload players we need to trim from the squad. But selling our key players and keeping those players we can't get rid of won't improve us, as in order to get better and progress, you need to freshen things up but also improve upon what you've already got. Unless Jos can find some bargains and get some gems on loan, it will be extremely difficult to replace any of our key players if they leave or to bring in what we need whether they're sold or not.  

If he gets us competitive this coming season and I think he will with what we have ( he hasn't got any option squad wise really)

Then he will be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with Big Jack Wilko n Big Ron!!

I will make him the the box to stand on so this is possible !!

lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

If he gets us competitive this coming season and I think he will with what we have ( he hasn't got any option squad wise really)

Then he will be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with Big Jack Wilko n Big Ron!!

I will make him the the box to stand on so this is possible !!

lol

I like your thinking Big Jos as a good sound to it

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Personally think we should keep/follow Belgium’s 3421 formation next season, with Joao being our Lukaku upfront and Forestieri being Hazard. Where’s Matthew Kelly when you need him

Tonight matthew, Liam Palmer will be Dani Alves, please :biggrin:

• Haha 1