Our fire sale

15 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Villa are in a way better financial state than us with wages to turnover ratio at 86% and player assets of at least £50 million.

In contrast, we are 126% and about £12 million worth of players.

Derby also looking to off load Vedra due to FFP.

Last week you said we'd only get £5 million for our players. :huh:

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

For a club not selling players, there's a lotta transfer talk today about Stoke in for Fessi and Boro for Bannon.

Next couple of weeks should show what state we're in as Fessi shouldn't be sold unless mega bid.

You mean that article in The Star. 

It's hardly surprising that other Championship clubs are interested in two of the best players in the division. That doesn't mean they're getting sold or we are having a fire sale. 

Further, if loads of clubs are interested in them then that means they will fetch in a lot more than 12 million (or was it 5 million?).

Look at you though. Absolutely desperate to prove that the club is in financial crisis and having to sell our best players. 

16 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

For a club not selling players, there's a lotta transfer talk today about Stoke in for Fessi and Boro for Bannon.

Next couple of weeks should show what state we're in as Fessi shouldn't be sold unless mega bid.

Other clubs obviously  interested in our better players but would be surprised if we entertain any offers for these two. Bannan is the heartbeat of the team and FF a match winner.

We have several players with wages on a par with these two who we'd be keen to offload first and a few we'd probably give away for free to balance the books. Don't  forget the source and their intention to sell papers with a 'headline' 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Every player has his price no matter what financial state a club is in, particularly if a player has said he wants to leave.

i'm not saying FF or any of our players want to leave but players & their agents have the upper hand these days & once they are aware of the wages they can earn elsewhere it's very difficult for a club to keep hold of a player.

What will be an indication of our financial state is if any of our top players are sold & the money isn't reinvested in the squad. 

9 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Will be really surprised if no EPL club comes in for Fessi.

But maybe Stoke would be next best thing and splurge parachutes, like Boro last year.

I'd be surprised if an EPL side came in.
Stoke or Swansea are possible, given that they're likely selling a lot of expensive forwards.. Shaquiri, Ayew, Rondon, Rodriguez.. Nando is proven to be quality at this level, so we might just get a silly money bid for him from one of those teams.

Would be a tough one if a 15-20m bid came. Would solve our financial problems.. and let us strengthen the places we really need to. and we are top heavy.. so.. but nando is class on his day.. tough call.

3 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Love them both but I'd accept FF sale providing we got 8m plus. Bannan on the other hand...... Shoes off in't car park if he leaves.

Forestieri leaving us would make us a far far worse team, he’s worth more to us than £8m

When you look at Asombalonga going to Boro for £12m, we’d be fools to accept a penny less than £15m.

Personally however I wouldn’t accept anything and keep him, the cost of replacing would be ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Love them both but I'd accept FF sale providing we got 8m plus. Bannan on the other hand...... Shoes off in't car park if he leaves.

Way too low for Fessi. Last month The Star said that best bid had been £13 million.

And he recovered from injury really well, scoring also. 

Edited by fred mciver

Forestieri has two years left on his current deal. 

He's 28 and entering the prime of his career. 

Those who will be interested are likely to be those in receipt of parachute payments. 

15 million at the minimum. 

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Forestieri has two years left on his current deal. 

He's 28 and entering the prime of his career. 

Those who will be interested are likely to be those in receipt of parachute payments. 

15 million at the minimum. 

I agree, my only doubt is if his injuries last season will prevent that.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I agree, my only doubt is if his injuries last season will prevent that.

Suppose that question mark will hang over him, though in fairness he looks to be firing all cylinders if the backend of the season just gone was anything to go by. 

Hopefully, we can keep him, Bannan, and Lees. 

That's the spine of the side for me and one that a new(ish) team could be built around. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Suppose that question mark will hang over him, though in fairness he looks to be firing all cylinders if the backend of the season just gone was anything to go by. 

Hopefully, we can keep him, Bannan, and Lees. 

That's the spine of the side for me and one that a new(ish) team could be built around. 

I would have Westwood as part of that spine aswell.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

I would have Westwood as part of that spine aswell.

I'd agree...but I suspect he might be off. 

Terrific goalkeeper, just can't see him signing a new deal with us (I suspect if there was a new deal, then it'd be less than what he's on right now). 

We will see.