Our fire sale

As expected, today's Mirror story states that we will be selling Fessi, Bannan , etc this Summer in a "fire sale."

What will be interesting to see, if true, is just what fees we can generate via this auction.

And while sad, does it give us a chance to re -balance squad with pace, power and defending prowess?

Plus, add verve and motivation with fresh new signings and also bring our good crop of youngsters through? 

But the strikers left will really have to perform.

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

I prefer to think the Mirror is urinating in the wind

So do I to a degree.  But if a stupid offer comes in for the likes of Fessi, we may not have an option. Chansiri's going to look a bit daft though if we do sell one or two of them following what he said in that stupid bloody survey. Especially given the prices we're paying. Interesting times ahead.

3 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

We will make cutbacks in other areas no way will we sell our best players 

I hope you're right but should a substantial offer come in I'm expecting one of FF, BB, Reach or Hooper to depart.

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Depends on how many best players we have, we might only have two.

Basically what I mean is I think Jos will have a say in who stays and goes. If he wants to keep Bannan and Forestieri then he will.

39 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I hope you're right but should a substantial offer come in I'm expecting one of FF, BB, Reach or Hooper to depart.

Was talking about this earlier Abdi looks like going loovens,Clare,Hirst look like going loovens,Wallace,kean all gone winnall will probably be sold I think that would save us a huge chunk ?