Our fire sale

5 hours ago, fred mciver said:

As expected, today's Mirror story states that we will be selling Fessi, Bannan , etc this Summer in a "fire sale."

What will be interesting to see, if true, is just what fees we can generate via this auction.

And while sad, does it give us a chance to re -balance squad with pace, power and defending prowess?

Plus, add verve and motivation with fresh new signings and also bring our good crop of youngsters through? 

But the strikers left will really have to perform.

When did Mr Chansiri last sell a core member of our squad? 

I don't recall him doing that and I don't see him doing it now.

The last time that FF and his agent tried it he ended up staying even though he threw a hissy fit for a while.

Cant see any of this coming to pass. Its just the press and / or agents stirring it.

As expected, today's Mirror story states that we will be selling Fessi, Bannan , etc this Summer in a "fire sale."

What will be interesting to see, if true, is just what fees we can generate via this auction.

And while sad, does it give us a chance to re -balance squad with pace, power and defending prowess?

Plus, add verve and motivation with fresh new signings and also bring our good crop of youngsters through? 

ALL the papers are full of bullshine about players this time of year . 

• Like 1

I’m not convinced we have a “good crop” of youngsters, personally. Our youth setup is in its infancy, it will be years before we reap any rewards.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Making stories up about Sheffield Wednesday is really going to sell some copies.

True. 

Still - fills a few column inches during this period where the sweet sum of f00k all is happening. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Making stories up about Sheffield Wednesday is really going to sell some copies.

Why would printing true stories about Sheffield Wednesday be any different in that regard? The truth is we know we have overspent but no one knows what the strategy will be to sort this out or whether it will happen in earnest this summer. The club could see as well as anyone in the last 6 games how important Bannan and FF are to the team, they are surely likely to be sold only as a last resort once all other avenues have been explored. The story that Bannan & FF might be sold will generate more interest than any of our other players so the papers run with that.

Take it with a pinch of salt, the papers have said plenty about them leaving over the past couple of years, they might be right one day but not worth fretting about is it.  

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, ka58 said:

Our only chance of doing anything next year is if we keep forestieri.

Correct

2 hours ago, mark1948 said:

When did Mr Chansiri last sell a core member of our squad? 

I don't recall him doing that and I don't see him doing it now.

The last time that FF and his agent tried it he ended up staying even though he threw a hissy fit for a while.

Cant see any of this coming to pass. Its just the press and / or agents stirring it.

You are right, he has never sold a key member of the squad. However, this is the first instance he / the club have faced a breach of FFP. So we can't with certainty know what he will do.

It would also take a bold man to wager with certainty that he gets it right. This is where Katriene Meire comes in now, as for me she was brought in to help prevent anymore schoolboy errors made in the general management of the club.

The fire sale could be true or it could well be a myth.

It's only fair for Jos to be given the chance to bring in some of his own players but to do this it may just be that he has to sell first. Doing so both eases the books and also allows the manager to mould the team the way he likes. The whole fire sale thing is journalists trying to maximise sales.

I don’t think he will sell all our better players, we’d end up near the bottom of the league again for starters. It just annoys me we have wasted all that money and opportunity to achieve something great on a shocking , inept manager and deadwood ageing dross like abdi , fletcher and jones. 

13 hours ago, attyjake said:

Exactly they are all liars.

Not just picking on those two,

I mean all of the press/media!

their primary job is to write something to catch the eye and sell papers, so they look at us on the brink of ffp, look at our major assets, see what has happened with ff previously, see his burst of form at the end of last season (showcasing himself?) stick 1 and 1 and make 3 of it. it's far better than going to the editor and saying 'there's **** all going off'

IF they really wanted to stir the pot then linking the pair with 'the pigs' would have been the real storey, but then even the sunday sport would have balked at that one, unless they were on the moon in a double decker bus with elvis.

15 hours ago, bobowl said:

I would hope the ticket prices will be reduced then.

Someone posted a while back that whenever the club made a profit from player sales they passed it on to the supporters in the form of reduced ticket/season ticket costs. I would love to know what he had been smoking/drinking, perhaps they could inform us of when they imagined that this fantasy occurred.