Our fire sale

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

You might want to see if that turnover ratio you talk about includes Villa's parachute payments - which dwindles again this season, and completely stops in 12 months time.

Also, they are losing £6m/month or £72m/year if you like. Who do you think they can sell to cover that? Compare that to our losses - selling Forestieri alone would cover ours for 12 months.

We also have most of our high earners entering the final 12 months of their contracts, so you would expect we have plenty of room for change next summer.

Might want to start looking a bit deeper into the facts rather than going with the headliner!

So , how come Villa have signed Venancio ?

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

You meant he thread that you posted it in? Plus, Wikipedia. Oh god it's going to be a long summer........

No, also another thread quoting / copying a paper in Portugal - more difficult to edit.

Edited by fred mciver

32 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well now he plays for the Sausage Cottage lol

Trouble with editing wiki it list ones IP  address , to date hes signed for L**ds  at 22: 48 last night , Villa at 13:33 today  , Blunts at 15:57 today, and someone has just used a mac saying he would rather quit the game than sign for United  for 5 years lol

• Haha 2

I think there is a difference between a fire sale and being required to consider offers. Previously we haven’t entertained the latter but we will need to soon both due to FFP or due to the length of contracts for the likes of Joao and FF.

A fire sale suggests we need to sell now or else, which isn’t the case....not just yet.

Edited by Bluesteel

7 hours ago, fred mciver said:

No, also another thread quoting / copying a paper in Portugal - more difficult to edit.

I can only think you’re one of Neil’s “incitement characters” wheeled out periodically in times of low site activity.

There really is no other explanation!

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

I can only think you’re one of Neil’s “incitement characters” wheeled out periodically in times of low site activity.

There really is no other explanation!

But I thought that incitement to murder was a criminal offence?