Do we think George Boyd...

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Nuhiu isnt good enough long term, he had a great last few games but do you honestly think were going to come top 6 with the likes of Nuhiu and Boyd in the side?

IMO he is definitely good enough.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Personally think he’s surplus to requirements along with Palmer, Fox, Abdi, Jones & Rhodes.

I don’t think he suits Jos’ new system and I’ve been unimpressed with him as a player. Wallace was a much better technical footballer. 

Unfortunately, like many of the above, I think we are stuck with him.

Highlights just what a good job Dyche does getting the most out of people. 

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Nuhiu isnt good enough long term, he had a great last few games but do you honestly think were going to come top 6 with the likes of Nuhiu and Boyd in the side?

May I please refer the honourable gentleman to Cardiff City's squad on paper last year.

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Quite telling that we sign one of the fittest and hardest working players from the previous premier league season and CC is telling him to work less.

Didn’t Carlos say Boyd was too energetic. That’s one of Boyd’s strengths. Sums up Carlos. 

• Haha 2

To be fair to Boyd,  few things.

• Made his name as an up and down wide attacking player. Comes here and is told to not run as much, tuck in where possible, and get the ball passed square into an outnumbered and static central midfield.

• Then he injured his shoulder badly and requires 2 bouts of surgery and misses months of match time. 

• Eventually comes back and has to catch up his match fitness and ends up playing in an entirely alien role that he's not played before in his career. 

He's not had the best of times. But it's not been his  fault in the main.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Why?

Please explain. 

Watch the villa @ home highlights............3 of the goals his fault.........typified his inability to tackle.......any strengths he supposedly had in the Prem never seen at Hillsborough to date....little energy displayed..looked lost & unsure what position he was playing..........he's past it..........sorry but not good enough........will become next seasons boo boys target if we persevere with him.

1 minute ago, twolaptops said:

Watch the villa @ home highlights............3 of the goals his fault.........typified his inability to tackle.......any strengths he supposedly had in the Prem never seen at Hillsborough to date....little energy displayed..looked lost & unsure what position he was playing..........he's past it..........sorry but not good enough........will become next seasons boo boys target if we persevere with him.

So one bad game, in your opinion. Please provide more evidence. Thanks. 

garymegson

4 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Quite telling that we sign one of the fittest and hardest working players from the previous premier league season and CC is telling him to work less.

Boyd did an interview not long before carlos went saying we were unfit and not training hard enough didn't he?

3 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Didn’t Carlos say Boyd was too energetic. That’s one of Boyd’s strengths. Sums up Carlos. 

Precisely. And some of his disciples STILL get angry when he's called Clueless. Baffling. 

My good friend (S/T at the Turf) said to me the other day 

"What the hell have Wednesday done to Boyd !!! ?" They've ruined a great  player with bags of pace n energy ...

That pretty much sums it up really ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1