Shirt maker

I think it’s shortsighted commercially to not go with a “prestigious” and well known brand such as Nike, Adidas, Puma, Under Armour or New Balance. Irrespective of whether the quality is poo or not, the potential to upsell other items (such as polo shirts, tracksuits, socks, etc) in the club shop is greater with a fashionable brand than it is when it’s a less desirable one IMO. 

• Like 1

God I hope not, if its Nike well have some wierd jagged stripes with some day glow orange or green maybe both just splattered all over also add a few random colours never associated with us like purple shorts or some other nonsense, I hate the Nike kits and boots (shudders just thinking about it) lol

Edited by shezzas left peg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

I think it’s shortsighted commercially to not go with a “prestigious” and well known brand such as Nike, Adidas, Puma, Under Armour or New Balance. Irrespective of whether the quality is poo or not, the potential to upsell other items (such as polo shirts, tracksuits, socks, etc) in the club shop is greater with a fashionable brand than it is when it’s a less desirable one IMO. 

I've no idea but wouldn't the top brands demand that you buy in big numbers? Which wouldn't make it worthwhile for the club or surely we would do it.

On 27/05/2018 at 15:05, Watson said:

There's a bloke down in Sheff market he can get them in a week or so, got to order at least 10, to make it worth his while.

The why did we go to some Aussie cobber with a Sydney sweatshop who couldn't handle an export?

But surely not Nike, truly the most ethical clothing firm in the world - is that the best new sourcing guy can do?

Weren't Bukta in Hudders or Admiral also in West Yorkshire?

Let's do a Sportsdirect and revive some great old brands.

Or , if you want high design, Paul Smith in Nottingham whose cycling gear is incredible.

On 27/05/2018 at 21:20, OxOwl said:

Even seen some 50 year old bloke walking round int precinct.  with a 16 years old??  Diaodroa away shirt looking in better nick than the current elves and sondico  that never sees them there that poo 

Sorry mate but although last seasons shirt didn't have stripes and was very late the quality of the material used cannot be knocked.

28 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

The why did we go to some Aussie cobber with a Sydney sweatshop who couldn't handle an export?

But surely not Nike, truly the most ethical clothing firm in the world - is that the best new sourcing guy can do?

Weren't Bukta in Hudders or Admiral also in West Yorkshire?

Let's do a Sportsdirect and revive some great old brands.

Or , if you want high design, Paul Smith in Nottingham whose cycling gear is incredible.

Still think the bloke down Sheff market can is the best option sale or return he's promises. 

I will just be happy whatever manufacture they use has English sizes as it was bad enough fans having to wait 3 months for the shirts to arrive, to go down get one only to find its the wrong size then be told when going back to the shop the size you need is out of stock  Image result for slap head doh

On 27/05/2018 at 13:40, OxOwl said:

Nike is a million miles away quality wise from sondico or  elves .

I'd be happy with that 

I'm not sure that's true lol(the quality, not that you would be happy with Nike - because I would be too).