So that survey

Our best season in terms of recruitment was when Chansiri first arrived. 

After that it all went south as we signed all these 'proven' players. 

If we could just get rid of a few of em, maybe we could have another go. 

49 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Our best season in terms of recruitment was when Chansiri first arrived. 

After that it all went south as we signed all these 'proven' players. 

If we could just get rid of a few of em, maybe we could have another go. 

So the first season when we had Glenn Roeder in advising who to buy as i cannot really see, Barry Bannan playing for the then Crystal Palace reserves being on Doyen's or DC radar or Gary Hooper sat in the stands at Norwich. I can see the Matias and Joao signing not being Roeder but the rest was a team put together by players already at the club and Glenn Roeder.

Since then we have bought over prices, past their best players - we have spent silly money for us on a lot of players that we will never make money on, we have brought in loans that add nothing to the club than a wage. All in all the recruitment since DC has been running the show has been a complete embarrassment lets hope the only involvement he has going forward is to pay for them.WTF: 

39 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the first season when we had Glenn Roeder in advising who to buy as i cannot really see, Barry Bannan playing for the then Crystal Palace reserves being on Doyen's or DC radar or Gary Hooper sat in the stands at Norwich. I can see the Matias and Joao signing not being Roeder but the rest was a team put together by players already at the club and Glenn Roeder.

Since then we have bought over prices, past their best players - we have spent silly money for us on a lot of players that we will never make money on, we have brought in loans that add nothing to the club than a wage. All in all the recruitment since DC has been running the show has been a complete embarrassment lets hope the only involvement he has going forward is to pay for them.WTF: 

I fear the god awful recruitment process after the ''first'' transfer window (Bannan etc) has set us back 3-5 years.

The survey was a complete contradiction in terms and cannot be delivered if we are to avoid an embargo. We can't continue to carry a 30 million wage bill and sign players on 30 k a week as was implied. The survey was ridiculous. Expect Pelupessy type signings going forward. Ok players but not promotion material.

9 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

The survey was a complete contradiction in terms and cannot be delivered if we are to avoid an embargo. We can't continue to carry a 30 million wage bill and sign players on 30 k a week as was implied. The survey was ridiculous. Expect Pelupessy type signings going forward. Ok players but not promotion material.

We just need to switch what we do look at Cardiff they pick up free agent such as Hoillette for nothing, pay him an ok wage and have got a good return for a 27 year old.

We could have signed a left back from Barnsley with premiership experience on a free but because of our rigid transfer policy of waiting until the last week of the transfer window we have missed out and Yaidom is an improvement of what we currently have in that position. This is what I am hoping is going to chance but I haven't seen anything to suggest we have learnt from any of the transfer mistakes of the last few years.

2 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Spot on!

Our chairman abides by it while others don't so it's totally unfair. 

I think our chairman abides by FFP so he does spend too much money - wasn't it promotion by any means in 3 years he said when arriving but all we have heard for the last 18 months is FFP as an excuse. I personally don't think he has the cash reserves everyone thinks he has, he is well off compared to our chairman of the past but he seems to lack footballing business badman you would have had with a Milan. I really don't understand why Milan was not one of his advisers when taking over, a man who has experience across Europe and had been chairman for over a decade in the English Leagues.

4 hours ago, Beholder said:

That wanted to know if we wanted high ticket prices and high earning players, or low ticket prices, flog everyone and go with youth. 

People answered that they wanted to keep paying through the nose right? 

So keeping amongst the highest ticket prices in the league brings an expectation.

What expectation would you say is reasonable in terms of spending? 

Bit irrelevant if the rumours are true and we’re close to FFP 

....  didn’t seem to worry wolves though did it?

If there was another option for a sensible transfer policy which included using both experienced players on reasonable wages and developing the youth i'd have voted for that.

Spending money doesn't automatically gaurantee promotion. Good management and tactics are essential.

I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of that survey.

The questions were framed in such a way as to influence the answer  in a particular way.

As regards ticket prices, there are in excess of 20,000 season ticket holders from an average home gate of around 26,000, which also includes away support.

Therefore it is not unreasonable to conclude most of those answering the survey were season ticket holders, who by the fact they  have shelled out hundreds of pounds must be reasonably satisfied with the price.

So for the majority , expectations are high not necessarily because of ticket prices, but because of the amount of money spent assembling our huge squd of players.

27 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I wouldn't take a blind bit of notice of that survey.

The questions were framed in such a way as to influence the answer  in a particular way.

You mean loaded. It was just a PR exercise, that's what you get for caving in to fans

Guest Ash76

The OP along with the rest of the stirrers know full well the survey didn't make reference to transfer market spend.

Looking at our wage bill investment in the team remains high irrespective of what we spend

On 22/05/2018 at 15:36, torres said:

It was a ridiculous question in the survey and shows how far the club behind the scenes have to go before they realise what makes a successful club.

Agree.  That survey was utterly bizarre.

Was like the club were trolling us or something.

23 hours ago, Ash76 said:

The OP along with the rest of the stirrers know full well the survey didn't make reference to transfer market spend.

Looking at our wage bill investment in the team remains high irrespective of what we spend

True but given that the club were eager to publish that around 79% of fans (no reference to the response rate was made) wanted to continue with the same ticket prices and same level of investment then you would at least expect that the spine of the team will be retained or at least that any high earners will be replaced at the same level of investment.

On 22/05/2018 at 13:38, room0035 said:

We should be starting early like everyone else in the league but we have already had the yearly quotes out of 'we are bidding our time to get the best players, everyone is on holiday at the moment, we are working on our plans' - which basically means we don't have a clue who we can get or what part of the team needs improving.

If we get the squad restructuring wrong in the next 8 week we could be under FFP for the next 2 years+, to explain we need to offload Fletcher, Abdi, Jones, Matias to bring the yearly wage bill down by circa £5m a season, we need to thin the central midfield and striker options as we simply don't need them all and there are too many samey players. With the improvement of players like, Nuihu and Joao it will allow us to get rid of Winnall, Fletcher and maybe Hooper which hopefully will bring in funds to sign a left back, right back, center back (Venancio) and a right winger but also reduce the overall wage bill that currently stands at over £30m a season with the turnover of the club at only £22m.

If we just hope everything falls into place or we get promoted to solve all of the issues it will only go one way FFP restrictions.

on what planet would we be able to 'offload fletcher, abdi, jones, and matias'?

and what club would be willing to pay them equal or better salary than they are on as temptation for them to move?