So that survey

That wanted to know if we wanted high ticket prices and high earning players, or low ticket prices, flog everyone and go with youth. 

People answered that they wanted to keep paying through the nose right? 

So keeping amongst the highest ticket prices in the league brings an expectation.

What expectation would you say is reasonable in terms of spending? 

Edited by Beholder

Just now, Tamworthowl said:

There's already a thread covering this. My view hasn't changed.

I expect upper mid table, 10th ish.

I'm not talking league position. 

Im talking investment expectation. 

I should have made that clearer. 

• Haha 1

Retain our key and higher paid players giving us the chance to challenge for the top six.

If we fail by this time next year, most of the players will be out of contract and I suspect the club will review everything, including ticket prices.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

That wanted to know if we wanted high ticket prices and high earning players, or low ticket prices, flog everyone and go with youth. 

So keeping amongst the highest ticket prices in the league brings an expectation.

It's a valid point. Similar to one I replied to in another thread. I do wonder what will be the reaction if we go with kids to a degree yet still have some of the league's highest prices.

As we voted to keep paying through the nose, I expect us to keep paying our high earners so I expect minimal change.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect one biggish signing coming in for each high earner leaving. Overall, transfer fees and wages, I expect us to remain about the same. Not that we ever know the truth of transfer fees and wages.

As per Mr C's response to the survey regarding ticket prices / investment If we go on previous seasons then a net spend of around £10-12M should be the expectation.

If we can ship several out and recoup another 5M then that would allow us 3/4 quality signings.

29 minutes ago, marshy said:

It's a valid point. Similar to one I replied to in another thread. I do wonder what will be the reaction if we go with kids to a degree yet still have some of the league's highest prices.

The reaction would all come down to results. The mood among fans, on here and on twitter, facebook and in the stands is 90% results based. If we win games every problem can be glossed over. If we lose even the tiniest issue becomes a life and death problem for some.

44 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Or option 3 that we seem to now have

High ticket prices but bring in free, youth and premiership loans tell me if i am wrong but with the policy that Jos is saying to implement should the ticket prices not be coming down or has this idea now been forgotten?

We should be starting early like everyone else in the league but we have already had the yearly quotes out of 'we are bidding our time to get the best players, everyone is on holiday at the moment, we are working on our plans' - which basically means we don't have a clue who we can get or what part of the team needs improving.

If we get the squad restructuring wrong in the next 8 week we could be under FFP for the next 2 years+, to explain we need to offload Fletcher, Abdi, Jones, Matias to bring the yearly wage bill down by circa £5m a season, we need to thin the central midfield and striker options as we simply don't need them all and there are too many samey players. With the improvement of players like, Nuihu and Joao it will allow us to get rid of Winnall, Fletcher and maybe Hooper which hopefully will bring in funds to sign a left back, right back, center back (Venancio) and a right winger but also reduce the overall wage bill that currently stands at over £30m a season with the turnover of the club at only £22m.

If we just hope everything falls into place or we get promoted to solve all of the issues it will only go one way FFP restrictions.

Keep Bannan, Forestieri, Lees, Hooper, Lee, Reach, Hutchinson  and tie them down to longer deals.

If we keep the spine of this team together we’ll do well next season, then decent loans to strengthen a few key areas elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

High ticket prices but bring in free, youth and premiership loans tell me if i am wrong but with the policy that Jos is saying to implement should the ticket prices not be coming down or has this idea now been forgotten?

This is spot on. But ticket prices won’t come down with these 5 year ones people have bought. 

I would have expected a 20 decrease in ticket prices across the board with the strategy Jos is implementing!

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Your post raises an interesting point. What if the new manager's preferred strategy is at odds with the survey?

9 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Your post raises an interesting point. What if the new manager's preferred strategy is at odds with the survey?

I just want the club to move forward if we pay more but get a team committed to improve on this season and building on the way we finished it I will be happy.

I just don't want us to make the same mistake of the last 3 years, leaving player recruitment to the last minute, bring unfit or players without a pre-seaon into the club, inadequate quality of opponent in pre-season games so we are under cooked when the season starts and GETTING PLAYERS WE NEED, not just what an agent has on his book ala left back, right back, Venancio, right winger. 

This could be the start of the Owls flying but if miss manged as it has been in the past it could also be a long 10 week to the start of next season.