Westwood interview

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For me Hutch, Westwood, Hooper can all go. Injured too often. They will be top earners too. 

And before people say Westwood isn't injury prone, for a keeper he misses more games than he should in my opinion. 

Before last season Hooper has never had a lengthy injury his entire career.

Not exactly what you’d call injury prone.

Westwoods stats say otherwise, apart from last season, but in his defence he is a keeper and they tend to get injuries easier than thenrest of the team. He is also saying he was another one rushed back.

westwood appearances

2014/15 - 43 games

2015/16 - 34 games + 3 play off matches

2016/17 - 43 games + 2 play off matches

2017/18 - 13 games

Source Wiki.

Edited by Owling Wolfe

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Before last season Hooper has never had a lengthy injury his entire career.

Not exactly what you’d call injury prone.

You sure about that? For us it took him 3 months to get fit in the first season. Then last season he was out from November until April and then got injured again just before the play offs. Then has been sidelined since December this season just gone.

I don't know his record at other clubs, but for us that's a shocking injury record for a striker who we rely on to score goals. Can't be carrying crocks. 

4 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Westwoods stats say otherwise, apart from last season, but in his defence he is a keeper and they tend to get injuries easier than thenrest of the team. He is also saying he was another one rushed back.

westwood appearances

2014/15 - 43 games

2015/16 - 34 games + 3 play off matches

2016/17 - 43 games + 2 play off matches

2017/18 - 13 games

Source Wiki.

If I could be bothered I'd look at the amount of times he's gone off during the game with an injury. His record for a keeper during 15-16 isn't great either.

Whilst I wouldnt have an issue if he went - he has been a great servant and we have two good understudies - a fully fit Westwood could make the difference between promotion and another season in the Champ.

He will instill confidence and command what is likely to be a fairly young defence. 

40 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If I could be bothered I'd look at the amount of times he's gone off during the game with an injury. His record for a keeper during 15-16 isn't great either.

So you can't be bothered looking so just assume his record is crap. Owlstalk mentality.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Worth remembering the infamous survey that asked fans whether we wanted to maintain higher ticket prices to keep hold of top earners. 

Not going to look particularly good if we have a fire sale this summer. 

I don't think there will be a fire sale, but Westwood is actually in quite a unique position for us. He fits every bill. He's a high earner, who clubs will actively want to sign, who can command a decent transfer fee, who isn't getting any younger, who has two players in his position who are also highly rated and some think deserve to be starting anyway, which means we don't have to immediately go back into the market to replace him with any money we fetch in..

He's literally the only player in the squad you can say that about. With everybody else there's an asterix, be it over injuries or if other clubs would be bothered about signing them etc. 

52 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You sure about that? For us it took him 3 months to get fit in the first season. Then last season he was out from November until April and then got injured again just before the play offs. Then has been sidelined since December this season just gone.

I don't know his record at other clubs, but for us that's a shocking injury record for a striker who we rely on to score goals. Can't be carrying crocks. 

It looks like he averages around 30 games a season, not fantastic but IMHO he's worth sticking with for another season.

Joe and Cameron are two very good young goalkeepers. But I still want Westwood. He commands the back four better and is brilliant coming off his line. (His kicking is debatable). I just think his experience would

help the side. But.. money talks!

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I don't think there will be a fire sale, but Westwood is actually in quite a unique position for us. He fits every bill. He's a high earner, who clubs will actively want to sign, who can command a decent transfer fee, who isn't getting any younger, who has two players in his position who are also highly rated and some think deserve to be starting anyway, which means we don't have to immediately go back into the market to replace him with any money we fetch in..

He's literally the only player in the squad you can say that about. With everybody else there's an asterix, be it over injuries or if other clubs would be bothered about signing them etc. 

I think you've got a Gaul saying that  lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So you can't be bothered looking so just assume his record is crap. Owlstalk mentality.

I posted them in a thread a couple months back mate. 

His stats have been posted already on this thread. 15-16 and 17-18 he didn't play enough games for a keeper in my opinion. He's on a lot of money, and we could do with shifting some big earners on.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I posted them in a thread a couple months back mate. 

His stats have been posted already on this thread. 15-16 and 17-18 he didn't play enough games for a keeper in my opinion. He's on a lot of money, and we could do with shifting some big earners on.

Yet he was credited with record numbers of clean sheets in 15-16 and 16-17. 

We have to be pragmatic here. A very easy way to get a million off the wage bill and potentially bank a million or so in transfer fees. For a club on the brink of a transfer embargo it’s a no brainier- especially when we have two excellent young keepers as back up. 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'm not denying he's a good goalkeeper. He's excellent. But I'd cash in and strengthen in areas we really need to.

I'm not trying to be awkward either, I just feel that he's been injured over half a season and therefore his worth might be drastcally less than any of us hope it is, therefore it may be better to keep him and hope he gets back to his best. I really can't see us getting more than 1.5 to 2 million for him at most.