Westwood interview

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I'm not denying he's a good goalkeeper. He's excellent. But I'd cash in and strengthen in areas we really need to.

I'm not trying to be awkward either, I just feel that he's been injured over half a season and therefore his worth might be drastcally less than any of us hope it is, therefore it may be better to keep him and hope he gets back to his best. I really can't see us getting more than 1.5 to 2 million for him at most. 

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You sure about that? For us it took him 3 months to get fit in the first season. Then last season he was out from November until April and then got injured again just before the play offs. Then has been sidelined since December this season just gone.

I don't know his record at other clubs, but for us that's a shocking injury record for a striker who we rely on to score goals. Can't be carrying crocks. 

Absolutely I’m sure.

It took him time to get fit when he first came as he’d not been getting any match time at Norwich and his other 2 injuries are the first serious injuries he’s had in his career.

8 hours ago, kingsidney said:

That’s not true though is it. 

Actually it is true.

The longest lay offs prior to coming to Wednesday were 6 weeks at Celtic and 2 months at Norwich, both due to problems with his calf.

When you look at the 2 lengthy injuries he’s had at Wednesday though, he’s not had anything like that before coming to the club.