My lad kept a scrapbook for a couple of seasons, including the play-off final year.

Its quite good to look back at it again actually, got hotel tickets from London, betting slip, tube tickets, match tickets etc inside.

also a piece about Michael Vaughan dashing from the 2nd test vs Sri Lanka at Durham by helicopter to get to Wembley.

Play off records for each club, we had NEVER lost a play off match heading into the Hull game!

then the piece on Bannan..

Barry Bannan reckons swapping shirt numbers 'boosted his season'

The scot wanted number 25 after joining the owls from Crystal Palace last year.

But Owls Thai owner Chansiri talked him into wearing 41 instead.

midfielder Bannan said.. 

''i had asked for 25 but i got a phone call about an hour later saying the chairman wanted me to have 41, its to do with my birthday and its a lucky number in Thailand. TBF if we win at Wembley  then he'll have been proved right''

this scrapbook would make a good thread in itself, my personal favorite is the cut-outs from the Northern Echo the morning after the Newcastle cup game, by scott Wilson who headlines with...'Magpies humiliated by Wednesday reserves'  l0l

Far too early to judge her, let’s see what happens in the next couple of Windows. She was written off (wrongly) before she arrived for doing what her boss told her at Charlton and it’s a blank slate from here. I think there is an element of it again when Hirst was given the green light to play, mindful of the positive effect on compensation but DC blatantly put the brakes on for personal reasons.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Far too early to judge her, let’s see what happens in the next couple of Windows. She was written off (wrongly) before she arrived for doing what her boss told her at Charlton and it’s a blank slate from here. I think there is an element of it again when Hirst was given the green light to play, mindful of the positive effect on compensation but DC blatantly put the brakes on for personal reasons.

Love it when fans/customers completely make things up with not a jot of evidence.

Unless you are on the inside in the club, I don’t know how you can say whether a staff member is doing a good job or a bad one? We just don’t know do we?

on the manager we can all have our opinions as we watch his team week in week out, but for behind the scenes club members how can we call what they are doing?

:CEO:

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

Love it when fans/customers completely make things up with not a jot of evidence.

If that’s what you’re suggesting I am doing, then it was in the public domain that he was considered to play and then a week later he wasn’t allowed any more. The club statement on the situation had previously claimed there had been a fall out so its not difficult to work out.

Edited by Bluesteel

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

So that mean DC stopped him from playing?

When Luhukay says the first week that he’s considering him and then the following week “it’s not possible”, in the context of the public statement released. I think someone has.

in a season when weve struggled to put a squad out he hasn’t even featured.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

When Luhukay says the first week that he’s considering him and then the following week “it’s not possible”, in the context of the public statement released. I think someone has.

in a season when weve struggled to put a squad out he hasn’t even featured.

OK fair enough, I'm bored just been pedantic for the sake of it

Well, as we're not all up in arms & mobilising our fan base into action against  Katrien & the owners I'd give her a solid 6/10 so far. This grading may change if/when she starts getting death threats & dead rats sent her through the post.

Whilst I agree that Chansiri seems to be somethhing of a control freak, the testing time for the CEO is the close season.

If we see things like contracts/ kit/ merchandising/ hopitality/transfer dealings etc being done well its likely to be because of her influence.

Lets face it all those things have been done spectacularly badly for the last two seasons without the said CEO.