can't see a thread on her anywhere but i'd just like to say how much of a good job she's done so far!

contracts getting sorted early and the retained list etc...

Just proves to me that all she was for Roland Duchatelet was just a mouthpiece by the looks of it!

So credit where credit is due and long may it continue!

Well done Katrien Meire!

Edited by NorthAmericanOwl
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

can't see a thread on her anywhere but i'd just like to say how much of a good job she's done so far by the looks of it!

contracts getting sorted early and the retained list etc...

Just proves to me that all she was for Roland Duchatelet was just a mouthpiece by the looks of it!

So credit where credit is due and long may it continue!

Well done Katrien Meire!

we dont know this though do we.

all guesswork. everytime somink good happens at the club its like 'oooh well done katrien' 

but no one knows what she does when DC is here... probably not alot, especially in terms of big decisions and even when DC is in Thailand she will have to speak with him to approve before she does anything.

one thing we do know is that DC likes his control, even down to shirt numbers, badge etc.

on this basis its doubtful hes letting KM make big money decisions without his know so/approval.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GY-owl.4 said:

we dont know this though do we.

all guesswork. everytime somink good happens at the club its like 'oooh well done katrien' 

but no one knows what she does when DC is here... probably not alot, especially in terms of big decisions and even when DC is in Thailand she will have to speak with him to approve before she does anything.

one thing we do know is that DC likes his control, even down to shirt numbers, badge etc.

on this basis its doubtful hes letting KM make big money decisions without his know so/approval.

So are you guessing about DC now?  Or are you part of the inner sanctum? 

• Haha 1

If this pre-season is better than last, with a higher level of professionalism and early deals done, on the surface smart transfer business and overall a smooth running... Then we can say well done. For some reason I feel that Jos and Katrien will be a highly professional and thorough pairing and will help DC look a better chairman as a result. 

It may be a little early for praise, but I have much more faith in the entire senior structure at the club (including the roles of those high-up that I haven't mentioned) than I did last August. Credit to everyone methinks, but the proof will be in the pudding.

• Like 1

Just now, Watson said:

So are you guessing about DC now?  Or are you part of the inner sanctum? 

No im taking that from what ive gleaned over the years, players spoke about their shirt numbers and DC asking them to use them for luck

during IVs before the play-off final. 

the badge is something DC talked about, re keeping history. 

In 2 or 3 years we may well find out bits about how much influence KM does actually have, but at this point its just guesswork,

Just now, GY-owl.4 said:

No im taking that from what ive gleaned over the years, players spoke about their shirt numbers and DC asking them to use them for luck

during IVs before the play-off final. 

the badge is something DC talked about, re keeping history. 

In 2 or 3 years we may well find out bits about how much influence KM does actually have, but at this point its just guesswork,

Hearsay in the main

Just now, Watson said:

Hearsay in the main

What so your thinking someone else at the club chose the badge even though DC himself talked about picking one from history.

And the players lied about why they have the numbers they have?

its not hearsay really is it.

you been hanging around with sherlock too long making you paranoid? 

• Haha 1

I suspect a good football CEO is like a good referee, if you do not notice them they are doing a good job.

Since arriving the situation has not deteriorated and their has been steady improvement across the board and the situation was not great when she arrived...I assume she has learned from time at Charlton and you have to think DC has also learned a lot. The real test will come over next 2 and half months in preparation for new season.

No complaints so far.

So far, so good. I wonder whether she will also pro-actively try and get buyers for some of our other players who are not in Jos’ plans. I would like us to have a leaner squad for next season but with more quality addresses the areas where we are short.

For me, Palmer, Fox, Abdi, Jones, Boyd and Rhodes are surplus. Last chance saloon for Matias - playing with 3 up front next season may suit him.

22 minutes ago, Watson said:

DC picked the badge himself that is documented, I don't know if the players lied or even said what they are supposed to have said.

Sherlock is away on an undercover case.  Keep that to yourself.

Also documented, prior to play-off finals, doubtful they would lie about their employer to the media. 

not that it really matters of course, but what it does do is point out that he's very hands on and makes it extremely doubtful he would 'hand over control' for much bigger things to KM so quickly. 

When Sherlocks finished with this current case maybe he could go undercover at S6 and find out if the OP is actually more accurate than i think, or maybe in this world we live in he has much more important fish to fry? ... ok i get it, classified right?