Would fans run on the pitch if there were no stewards?

Always an idiot will try to get on pitch, those who have brain located in another part of anatomy rather than head..

Although can be excused if it is last match and you have achieved something in season.

44 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i think you can see from the answers lower down the page, that your assumption was wrong.

What people think and what happens in reality are often two very different things

Example - If stewards make no difference whatsoever as everyone in this thread has suggested then why don't people run on the pitch?

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What people think and what happens in reality are often two very different things

Example - If stewards make no difference whatsoever as everyone in this thread has suggested then why don't people run on the pitch?

stewards do make a difference, what you actually read on an, or any, internet site is so far removed from real life it's staggering, it's often the dreamers wildest production, however some do go through life being gullible enough to believe each and every posting, and to work upon it. you i do believe know as well as i do that is a fact.

On 23/04/2018 at 09:58, RobbieOwler said:

I was ashamed to be a Wednesday fan that day, I think they were a bit dumb running on the pitch as they secured their safety but there were no need for that Wednesday fan to smash that woman in the face!

Was shocked at how little attention this incidence got, never heard anyone mention it depute it happening in front of 30,000 people.  Wasn't until a end of season review the following year in the Guardian I heard a journalist mention it in passing.

She shouldn’t have took the wee wee on home turf, we just got relegated. If they didn’t want owt to happen they should have just quietly exited the stadium and not antagonised us by running around like a bunch of monkeys at feeding time.

Hate Palace man, bunch of toffee eating Del Boys.

23 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

She shouldn’t have took the wee wee on home turf, we just got relegated. If they didn’t want owt to happen they should have just quietly exited the stadium and not antagonised us by running around like a bunch of monkeys at feeding time.

Hate Palace man, bunch of toffee eating Del Boys.

I know that they shouldn't have got on the pitch after relegating a side (I think it was a very dumb and thoughtless act) but you shouldn't hit a woman, ever! Sorry if you think I'm being politically correct here but people who do are sub-human scum bags. Should have at least hit the man he was with if he wasn't such a coward.

On 4/23/2018 at 09:28, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 09.27.40.jpg

I genuinely don't think they would really

They should do what they do in the cricket matches in the sub continent, they have guard with dogs if anyone runs on the pitch they let the dogs at them.

Funnily enough very few people try to get on the Pitch .

9 hours ago, james o connor said:

I really wouldn’t worry about that !

What, you mean getting promoted? Purrit this way, I was a ST holder for many years until I get bored after 15 years or so. Under CC’s tenure I was lucky enough to get free match tickets, although the view wasn’t the best. Now I pick and choose which matches I go to. If we did get promoted I’d be priced out even more. The thing about the prem is that you know your team isn’t going to stand much chance / occasional weird teams like Leicester aside. I think the Championship is much more like football that I remember 

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

What, you mean getting promoted? Purrit this way, I was a ST holder for many years until I get bored after 15 years or so. Under CC’s tenure I was lucky enough to get free match tickets, although the view wasn’t the best. Now I pick and choose which matches I go to. If we did get promoted I’d be priced out even more. The thing about the prem is that you know your team isn’t going to stand much chance / occasional weird teams like Leicester aside. I think the Championship is much more like football that I remember 

Agreed . Saying to my mate I’m the boozer the other day. Like 20 years ago , Sheffield Wednesday , forest or whoever had a chance of winning the top flight .   It will never happen again. It’s a closed shop . The best we can ever hope is to be the best of the rest. I agree the championship is much better 

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 13:11, robowl4life said:

It’s called passion. 

That game against Wycombe when we won promotion was such a great day and it’s brilliant to see supporters celebrating with players on the pitch. 

I think this was acceptable as we were celebrating promotion so was great to see up in the stands.

However once pitch was cleared and some fans kept running back on that was annoying.