Left Back

Does anybody remember the last truly quality LB that we had?

It has been a position we have lacked depth and quality in for a couple of seasons now. Pudil did a job for us, but with him shifting to CB, we are in desperate need of a new left back.

So, realistically, what would be our options for a left back for next season?

Reda Johnson was good for the level we were at in League One as was Pudil in his first season, definitely an area we need to improve on in the summer especially if we are sticking to the wing back system. 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Reda Johnson was good for the level we were at in League One as was Pudil in his first season, definitely an area we need to improve on in the summer especially if we are sticking to the wing back system. 

I'd have Reda back in a heartbeat just for his influence in the dressing room alone!

I thought Pudil was excellent when he was on loan. He was only half the player the following season.

No way should we put reach in at LB/LWB, he's not a defender. He needs to be a winger ideally or at a push left midfield.

I'd like to see a hard tackling player who can overlap and put a cross in. Not sure we could afford one .