Wildsmith

24 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

For those lamenting Wildsmith's distribution as his weak point (wisely so), don't forget our Kieren's distribution isn't much better! WTF:

It’s infinitely better.

Wildsmith seems to duff at least one clearance nearly every single game.

Westwood might not hit the mark up the pitch that often, but he rarely puts us under pressure with his kicking.

I can remember a handful of of occasions throughout his entire career with us, not a handful a month.

What I like about Wildsmith is that in addition t being a solid keeper (which Westwood also is), Wildsmith doesn't have those bizarre moments of madness that Westwood has. The other team actually has to beat Wildsmith every week, where as, as good as Westwood is, some weeks he would just go crazy and do something utterly stupid or give away a pen etc. Wildsmith seems a lot more stable.

• Haha 2

I think we could do no worse than seeing if we could get some cash in for Westwood and keep wildsmith and Dawson as our 1/2 next season also would help the ffp situation out as kieron is probably on what the two young lads are getting paid put together and I for one am preferring the idea of promoting the younger players and looking to the future rather than the past with some of our recent signings of old crocks. 

He’s very good, I personally prefer Dawson of the two but Wildsmith has had a very good year. Westwood has been a brilliant keeper for us but it’s a no brainer to sell him now, he still has value and he won’t need replacing and the two we have will improve with game time in this league. 

Not a dog at Westwood at all but think this makes sense 

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He’s very good, I personally prefer Dawson of the two but Wildsmith has had a very good year. Westwood has been a brilliant keeper for us but it’s a no brainer to sell him now, he still has value and he won’t need replacing and the two we have will improve with game time in this league. 

Not a dog at Westwood at all but think this makes sense 

I admit to not really being a blessing to pick one or the other to be fair, both Dawson and wildsmith are very different keepers. 

Dawson has probably a better distribution, command of his area, he's also seems quite a confident that bit of the eccentricity keepers have is there too a bit of a character. 

Wildsmith on the other hand is more of a shot stopper that's good at one vs one's. He seems more level headed with a quiet, but confident demeanour. 

On 4/8/2018 at 18:00, asteener1867 said:

Show me 5 that came from poor kicking from the keeper....not the keeper distributing it and a defender messing it up...Cos thats high press...on the back 4 , not simply the keeper...The argument is Wildsmiths clearing the ball..not building up from the back 4

2 duff clearances in the first 15 mins by the way.

• Haha 1

Time for dawson to play until the end of the season, wildsmiths a good prospect and has had some excellent games this season but hes a long way from a first choice championship keeper his kicking and command of his area need alot of work. In an ideal world play dawson until the end of the season and let him be no2 to westwood next year, wildsmith would benefit from a year as no1 in league 1.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:51, cookeh said:

What I like about Wildsmith is that in addition t being a solid keeper (which Westwood also is), Wildsmith doesn't have those bizarre moments of madness that Westwood has. The other team actually has to beat Wildsmith every week, where as, as good as Westwood is, some weeks he would just go crazy and do something utterly stupid or give away a pen etc. Wildsmith seems a lot more stable.

he's made more mistakes that resulted in goals  since he came into the team than westwood as in all his time here ......

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's made more mistakes that resulted in goals  since he came into the team than westwood as in all his time here ......

Westwood is excellent Torry.. there's no doubting that... top notch.

I think the keeper debate has been coloured by the fact that we need to get some cash in sharpish.

WTF!?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Westwood is excellent Torry.. there's no doubting that... top notch.

I think the keeper debate has been coloured by the fact that we need to get some cash in sharpish.

WTF!?

you have to balance it,  is say whatever we can get for westwood worth more than the extra points we'll get with him in instead of wildsmith ........i'm sure if we stick with wildsmith he'll gradually cut down on the errors as he gains more experience but are we a good enough team to contend with a keeper who costs us goals while he learns  . probably not imo .